Cuts are beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
    Not worried about Dixon or Kinne. I would not waste a PS position on either.
    Originally posted by kyfred View Post
    Barkley is solid at #3 and you can find a Kinne or Dixon during the season. I have said that Harbor will make the team and still believe so. I think we will see some crazy unusual numbers this year on skill positions. Tucker will go to PS. We will keep 4 TE with Casey possibly playing in the backfield at times. There will be no FB and three RB's. Shepherd will make the team as a WR/RB/Returner. We will keep an additional 5 WR in Avant, Cooper, Jackson, Johnson and Salas. Gotta have the horses to run a quick offense.
    The reason that I'd keep them is they are valuable because they know the offense. The way Chip runs his QBs, we may go through all five this year.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I saw a rumor today that Harbor may be traded to KC. They lost a tight end to injury and of course Reid knows him, do it may work out

Comment

S David Sims and OT Michael Bamiro were cut:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...avid-Sims.html

Sounds like they want Bamiro for the practice squad.

Comment

Bamiro and Sims are gone per philly.com

Comment

Originally posted by eagles2000 View Post
            I saw a rumor today that Harbor may be traded to KC. They lost a tight end to injury and of course Reid knows him, do it may work out
            Particularly with Casey having that recent injury, I'd guess the Eagles actually want 4 TEs on the roster. They a number of 4 TE plays in the preseason... maybe that was just for evaluation purposes, but running it several times almost seemed like it was a play they wanted to actually run. Even if you want to run 3 TE sets a lot, you'd probably want four on the roster in case of injury.

If a team wants to give up a solid player in an area of need for the Eagles, I'd have to consider that of course, but in that case they would probably need to keep another TE.

Comment

Russell Shepard cut apparently, given a tweet of his.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013...s-cut-tracker/

Good news for Salas perhaps? Though he could be one of those you-made-the-53-oops-we-found-a-veteran-the-next-day types.

Comment

Shepard I think may go to the PS along with Bamiro...does look good for Salas unless another WR comes free from another team they like more

I think Eagles will look hard at other CB released and probably only keep 3 of our current guys (Williams, Fletcher, Boykin)
                Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Goodbye Danny Watkins, what a horrible draft class 2011.
                  Last edited by BowieBirdFan; 08-31-2013, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Danny Watkins – The former first-round pick is being released, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com. Watkins started 18 games in two seasons with the Eagles and never performed consistently at a high level. Chip Kelly did not provide much of an endorsement when asked about Watkins Thursday night. And he got passed over on the depth chart by veteran Allen Barbre. We’ll have more on Watkins in a separate post.
                    Clay Harbor – Kelly gave him a shot to show he could play tight end and wide receiver. But apparently, in the end, there wasn’t a place for Harbor.

A fourth-round pick in 2010, Harbor had 47 catches for 421 yards in three NFL seasons with the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by BowieBirdFan View Post
                      Goodbye Danny Watkins, what a horrible draft class 2010.
                      I blame the very overrated fatass.

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas View Post
                        Shepard I think may go to the PS along with Bamiro...does look good for Salas unless another WR comes free from another team they like more

I think Eagles will look hard at other CB released and probably only keep 3 of our current guys (Williams, Fletcher, Boykin)
                        Are they releasing the cut list as each player walks out of Chip's office? Well, except when the player happens to be tweeting it while walking toward the office?

I wonder how many players throughout this process over the years gave one of those classic TV show response.

TO- "you're gonna regret it" or, "do you know who my agent is?"

UFA who took leave from KMart to try out- "do I get to keep my uniform shirt?"

25 yoa Div III player who beat up kids a couple times- "you're fuckin nuts, I won the DIII, Region 5 offensive come back player of the week,"

350 lineman- "yeah, whatever, can I get back to the cafeteria?"

Cooper- "I'll fight every fuckin one of you..."
                        Pedro

Comment

Surprised at Harbor. Originally I thought he was definitely gone when we drafted Ertz, and again when they moved him to WR (basically trying to see if he could fit), but they had been giving him a close enough look that I had changed my mind. Also (earlier in the year) thought Watkins should at least easily stick as a backup -- Eagles do not save cap room by cutting him -- but the vibes the last couple of weeks indicated the writing was on the wall. I guess Chip really likes versatility in his backups, and Watkins is definitely not versatile. It'll be interesting to see if another team picks him up or not.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                            Surprised at Harbor. Originally I thought he was definitely gone when we drafted Ertz, and again when they moved him to WR (basically trying to see if he could fit), but they had been giving him a close enough look that I had changed my mind. Also (earlier in the year) thought Watkins should at least easily stick as a backup -- Eagles do not save cap room by cutting him -- but the vibes the last couple of weeks indicated the writing was on the wall. I guess Chip really likes versatility in his backups, and Watkins is definitely not versatile. It'll be interesting to see if another team picks him up or not.
                            Harbor is a head scratcher even though I also didn't think he had a chance after the draft. Especially when he moved to wr and Chip went on about liking versatile guys. Watkins probably was a victim of housecleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
                              Russell Shepard cut apparently, given a tweet of his.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2013...s-cut-tracker/

Good news for Salas perhaps? Though he could be one of those you-made-the-53-oops-we-found-a-veteran-the-next-day types.
                              Good news for Maehl too.

Comment

Originally posted by BowieBirdFan View Post
                                Goodbye Danny Watkins, what a horrible draft class 2011.
                                Chip Kelly had no skin in that game so it was easy to clean up that loose end.

So excited to move forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X