Moats or Perry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moats or Perry?

one of them's gone. which do you want the Eagles to keep?
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Moats has showed game-changing ability but has a fumbling problem, while Perry showed that he could be a legitimate NFL back-up running back when healthy and a decent return man.

Moats should be able to learn to control his fumbling; I'm not sure that Perry can stay healthy. Unless the Eagles can trade Moats for value, I would release Perry.

Comment

Moats any way you slice it. Higher pick = more salary tied into, more proven performance in a real NFL game, more upside, better Westbrook insurance as a similar player.

Comment

Moats stays. Perry goes ((if that is the choice)) and probably doesn't get picked up, not sure if he qualifies for the PS any more or not.

Comment

Moats, no question.

Comment

Well, difficult call I think they could build Moat's trade value and get rid of him if he doesn't pan out this year, I think they owe him this year as a proving ground though.
            With that fumbling though, he could be the reason a team we should beat beats us. And that is something that will happen it's not a maybe it's just a matter of when. Unless he gets cured of the problem somehow, but heading into his second year it doesn't look like it's been cured.

Comment

as for me, i'm not sure i'd mind if they traded moats and kept perry, who can also return kicks.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Bruce has also shown a bit of fumblitis too. And even though I was really high on him, I think he's the od man out here.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyPhreak54
                  Bruce has also shown a bit of fumblitis too. And even though I was really high on him, I think he's the od man out here.

yep, certainly true. they can only keep one fumbler, which is one of the reasons why one has to go.

i'm just not certain it's a clear-cut call in favor of moats. they need a few kick returners on the roster not named sheppard, westbrook or hood, IMO. i'd hate to go into the season with only JR Reed.

Comment

I have to think that if Bruce had a shot to make the team he wouldn't have been glossed over during the Baltimore game and gotten slop duty against the Steelers.

He had a shot up until that OAK game when he coughed it up and got hurt again. He's an injury risk and he's had concussions in the last two training camps now.

I think they will defer to Moats because of the draft status and they have put in a lot of time (well, Bill Shuey has) with teaching him the playbook.

If they have given other less talented players a few years on the roster to get it right they certainly can give Moats some more time, IMO.

Comment

Moats, Perry hasn't played a full season since midget football.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                      X