Rumor circulating...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stocknowledge
    Third, I think they probably now have a "hands off" policy on bringing in players who are dissatisfied with their existing contracts. They didn't bring Lelie in for talks, they won't bring Branch in either.
    This doesn't quite fit in but Howard's had been complaining about his contract with the Saints for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
      EB from you rpost--- "Sources close to the situation say the Eagles like Branch, 27, who has been given until Friday to seek a trade acceptable to the New England Patriots, but they don't consider him one of the league's top receivers. "

So maybe I do know that they think he is more a system guy huh? LOL!!!:
      Yea, because the Eagles' FO has never blown smoke.

Comment

Time to play "Do you speak Andy Reid?"

Relax.

I speak Reid.

Andy says today "We've looked at him and evaluated him, but I'm not going to get into anything past that"

What does he mean? In my opinion it means that they are looking into something. Why?

Because normally he'll just say "I'm fine with what we have there" or "I like our wide receivers". Or he'll bust out the boilerplate "I'm not gonna get into all that" response.

Excited yet? Think it'll happen?

Yeah, me either.

Comment

And they agreed to a contract w/ Javon Walker who was also bitching about his contract.

I think they'd pay Branch but they wouldn't give up a #1 to get him. I could see them doing like maybe a #2 and a #4 the following year or something along those lines. Maybe even throw in a player.

Comment

that's exactly correct Phreak. he would just say " Im gonna get into all that or we're fine there, etc" this was a little different

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyPhreak54

Relax.

I speak Reid.

Andy says today "We've looked at him and evaluated him, but I'm not going to get into anything past that"

What does he mean? In my opinion it means that they are looking into something. Why?

Because normally he'll just say "I'm fine with what we have there" or "I like our wide receivers". Or he'll bust out the boilerplate "I'm not gonna get into all that" response.

Yeah, me either.

may also be designed to lit a fire under pinkston's ass and get him out there practicing hard. Big Red needs to know if this guy deserves a roster spot and the only way he will learn is if pinky is out there getting separation in practice. not much time left to decide.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge
                Third, I think they probably now have a "hands off" policy on bringing in players who are dissatisfied with their existing contracts. They didn't bring Lelie in for talks, they won't bring Branch in either.
                They brought in TO while he was still a part of the 49ers (though in a state of limbo).

They brought in Javon Walker the day before the draft.

They didn't bring in Lelie because he isn't much of an improvement over what we have.
                The Shack - Santa Monica, CA - LA's Home for Philadelphia Eagles Football

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                  Originally posted by PhillyPhreak54

Relax.

I speak Reid.

Yeah, me either.

may also be designed to lit a fire under pinkston's ass and get him out there practicing hard. Big Red needs to know if this guy deserves a roster spot and the only way he will learn is if pinky is out there getting separation in practice. not much time left to decide.
                  He tried that. Pinky bit and tugged the chew toy around for awhile and then spit it out and went back to sleeping on the carpet.

The media tried to get Pinky to respond and he said he was doing better. Then he decided he'd play on Friday and looked bad.

Thats why when some on the EMB were shocked that Spads said he doesn't see Pink as a lock it says that he is in danger of getting cut or going to the IR.

He's cheap to cut. Not a lot of dead money.

Comment

If memory serves me, when we played NE in the bowl, I seem to remember that Belichik was pretty high on Greg Lewis. I wonder if our #2, Greg Lewis, and either another decent vet or a conditional draft pick might get their attention.

Comment

EB -

I don't think the trade part of this will be the issue. I think it is the money to Branch. Eagles could do a conditional pick to New England - a #2 that becomes a #1 based on performance. I think a player like Matt Ware could be a name tossed around too since the Pats seem like they may need some DB help.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
                        If memory serves me, when we played NE in the bowl, I seem to remember that Belichik was pretty high on Greg Lewis. I wonder if our #2, Greg Lewis, and either another decent vet or a conditional draft pick might get their attention.
                        I doubt it. The tape of Greg Lewis playing extended amounts of time is out and it ain't pretty. And I think that Belichick might've been rubbing Freddie's nose in his won shit some more by complimenting Greg and ripping Freddie.

But hey - if they want Greg I'll drive his ass up to Foxboro my damn self. Road trip!!

mikes,

I thoughty about Matt Ware too. He's probably done here and the Pats need depth there.

Comment

Could a conditional #2 (#1) and Ware get Branch? Would the Birds have to include a WR in the package?

Comment

This thread is officially DEAD!

Comment

hey, why not get branch, too?
                              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

For Greg Lewis and IR Pinkston?

Maybe NE wants to take Mahe. I mean, getting rid of Simmy and Mahe in a single day, and then take Branch and Stallworth

Brown, Branch, Stallworth, Avant, Gaffney.

I'd do it

Of course I'd also trade Perry for, say, a SLB?
                                "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Working...
                                X