Roll the dice on Domanick Davis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll the dice on Domanick Davis?

He's hurt and in danger of being cut. I can't believe the Texans wouldn't wait for him to get healthy!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/spo ... 47469.html

Would be worth a look, but I still prefer Staley because he knows are system.

Comment

Interesting... Less mileage than Duce or the other Davis......

But an active injury would probably worry off any team--- but if he is cut it does add to the pool of guys ---------(god forbid) if Bucky does get hurt.

Comment

Do not roll the dice on Davis, unless you're planning on IRing him for the year.

Comment

OK you guys are going to jump all over me for this but I'd trade a 7th rounder to Texas for him right now. Doing so would allow you to run a full physical on him and make an assessment with no risk. If his injuries are bad the deal is off and the pick comes back to us. If he looks like he can play a little this year then you move forward with the trade and hope he's ready later in the year if Bucky goes down. If you wait and hope he's cut there are a lot of variables there as well not the least of which is the possibility that he DOESN'T get cut. On the other hand if he does get cut there will be a VERY long list of teams wanting to bring him in for a look. Why take a chance on someone signing him before you can bring him in or risk getting in a bidding war? For a lousy 7th rounder you avoid a lot of potential obsticals. If the Texans are really thinking about cutting him they'll jump at a 7th for a player they plan on dumping. To me it comes down to this - if you think he can help you at some point this season the 7th round pick is a throw away.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I'd take a serious look at him.

But if the Texans cut him they are ignorant. He just signed a new contract recently and I don't know what kind of cap hit he carries if cut.

They'd be incredibly stupid to not IR him and let him get right this year. Go with Lundy, Morency and Smith and then get DD back next year.

Comment

Houston had Davis pegged as their RB of the future. They passed on Reggie Bush, man. If they are giving up on him, there has got to be something seriously wrong with his knee, and I'm not talking about spend a season on the IR, and everything's fine serious. It could be Terrell Davis serious. I think that Houston releasing Davis probably means that his career is in serious jeapordy.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyPhreak54
                But if the Texans cut him they are ignorant. He just signed a new contract recently and I don't know what kind of cap hit he carries if cut.
                I was just thinking that. I remember that the big thing with Westbrook's contract was the kind of money Davis got.

Comment

Two words for you:

Ben Smith

Even today, knee issues can destroy a player's career quick. I just can't see Houston not putting Davis on IR themselves, unless they think he's cooked.

Comment

Correct, nyc. Davis did get some nice money.

Kubiak concerned about Davis' knee

- Houston Texans coach Gary Kubiak said Monday he was "very concerned" about the status of Domanick Davis as the fourth-year running back's time off the field stretched to almost a month.

Davis practiced the first two days of training camp before being sidelined with what team officials called a bone bruise that was causing soreness in his knee.

He missed six games last season before undergoing arthroscopic surgery in December after his knee swelled and ached each time he played. He missed all the offseason workouts before returning on the opening day of camp, where he looked great and said he felt good.

But the soreness soon returned.

"There's not much we can do about it, but I'm very concerned about that situation," Kubiak said. "I know it's been very frustrating for him. All we can do is be there for him. I'm more concerned about him right now and doing what's right for him."
                    Not looking good.

Comment

Re: Roll the dice on Domanick Davis?

Originally posted by stevemc
                      He's hurt and in danger of being cut. I can't believe the Texans wouldn't wait for him to get healthy!

This is a strange story to say the least. If Davis has an injury that will keep him out for an extended period, why not just IR him. After all, Davis was the "alleged" reason that Houstan passed on Bush.

This just doesn't pass the smell test!

Comment

Re: Roll the dice on Domanick Davis?

Originally posted by tinopuno
                        Originally posted by stevemc

This is a strange story to say the least. If Davis has an injury that will keep him out for an extended period, why not just IR him. After all, Davis was the "alleged" reason that Houstan passed on Bush.

This just doesn't pass the smell test!
                        Houston has repalced the Saints as the biggest pig fuck of a franchise. If Davis is done, then passing on Bush seems even more foolish.

Comment

Working...
                        X