If Vick was a Cowboy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post

One slipup however and I want his ass gone.

No worries there VT you WILL get your wish if he screws up. Remember both Lurie and Goodell have said he is on a short leash (no pun intended)
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

That's exactly what giving the guy a second chance is all about. It's not the same as just handing him a free pass.....it's a SECOND CHANCE. What he does with that chance will determine whether he deserved it or not.

But to date and at this point in time, he has been doing everything right. He's been an advocate for animal rights, he's admitted his errors and held himself up as an example to adults and children alike of what happens to a man that chooses the wrong path. He's allowed himself to be mentored and councilled by respected members of the community. He has dedicated himself to a level he never attempted before (and he admitted as much) to become a true professional at his trade. He has been accepted and embraced by his teammates who are around him all the time to judge his worth. As I say, he's been doing everything right. Everything you could hope for the man to do to turn his life around. I don't understand those unwilling to give him this second chance. I had to make a choice whether I was going to give him that chance, from me personally. Once I decided that the answer was yes", then I turned the corner myself. If he blows it...by all means I will denounce him and chastise him as readliy as anyone else.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

GWE - that you know of. That any of us know of. While we don't have a reputation of signing thugs and felons and assholes, chances are there are some eagles we cheer for who are bad people.

Favre, despite his egomania and drama queen has never been viewed as a "bad guy". In fact, he's viewed as one of the all time good guys. But to my knowledge, good guys don't send pics of their junk to girls not their wives.

I long ago accepted that players were flawed. I just don't want them to be football flawed. As long as they don't kill anyone, beat their wives, or molest kids, I'm good with that.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
          As long as they don't kill anyone, beat their wives, or molest kids, I'm good with that.
          So then terrorism, espionage, and necrophilia are on the "Approved Activities' list?

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
            So then terrorism, espionage, and necrophilia are on the "Approved Activities' list?
            I don't hate or love any pro athlete. Don't know them. Appreciate and respect what they do, because they can play at a level that I only dreamed about and am passionate about sports. Been a long time since character played into my judgements. There's a lot creeps and punks who excel at sports. At Penn State, dorming with a bunch of football players, I saw that a lot of them have a false sense of entitlement because of their status. Heck they all have a competitive drive that would get on my nerves if they were acquaintences. I listen to Elvis music to this day, but lost respect for the human being Elvis Presley about the same time he lost respect for himself. Most celebrities are a bit schitzy, failing to maintain a sense of self in the haze of stardom. I enjoy the music. I enjoy the games, the movies, the plays, etc, but I really don't form opinions about who these folks really are.
            Sonny J

Comment

I'm be surprised if there wasn't a terrorist or necrophiliac in the NFL. They're too dumb to be spies though.

Comment

Um, of course I would hate Michael Vick if he was a Cowboy.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  They're too dumb to be spies though.
                  Is that so!?

Comment

Working...
                  X