Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Looking to redefine the catch rule

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

I guess I am the guy who will wait to see how the refs implement it. I've always said movement of the ball doesn't mean loss of control. We will have to see how the refs enforce "slight" movement. And they caused themselves tremendous harm with not enforcing clear and obvious on the refs. Many calls were not clear and obvious. Let's see what indisputable means to the refs.
    But I have high hope
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Man we had some close ones in the Super Bowl all go our way! Hey, did I mention lately that We're World Champions?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Sounds like we are going back to almost the eyeball test.... If it looks like a catch it is a catch. Look for many more fumbles after a "catch" now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          Man we had some close ones in the Super Bowl all go our way! Hey, did I mention lately that We're World Champions?
          I pretty sure I heard some talking head say that some of the calls would’ve been changed by a couple of the other referee crews. The rule is way too convaluted.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Sounds like we are going back to almost the eyeball test.... If it looks like a catch it is a catch. Look for many more fumbles after a "catch" now.
            I was thinking the same thing. But I think that most of those plays the guy would be down by contact and the ground can't cause a fumble. Then go to page 24,396 to check your rulebook.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
            X