No announcement yet.

It might be time.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, you don't Juk. But what's funny is that the only real concern you see expresssed about Vick going forward is the possibility that he gets himself hurt again. Nobody is talking about him being dumb, innacurate, a turnover machine, etc......minds have changed.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I haven't watched enough of him to have an opinion on how he's changed. I just want to see evidence that he's genuinely remorseful and that he's not the same POS who tortured and killed those dogs. So far I've seen him say what he needs to say but it rings hollow to me. I'm more than willing to give him another chance if I thought he was genuinely sorry and understood why what he did was wrong. Last year I trusted Lurie when he said that he needed to see Vick's contrition first hand. But between Vick's comments following the Block award and the birthday party incident I have serious questions about just how much of what we see and hear are PR spin. I'm realy hopeful he can convince me he's serious about turning over another leaf so I can begin to enjoy the Eagles games again. Until that happens though I don't want anythingto do with him. I watch the highlights on the news and post here - that's the extent of my interaction with the Eagles this year.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Well then I'm sorry. You missed one hell of a game yesterday.

I don't understand your boycott of Eagles games, honestly. I know Pitt fans that think Big Ben is a piece of shit....but they still watch and root for their Steelers. One man does not make up a whole organization. Try to take in the big picture there, fella.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I feel like a hypocrite when I have zero respect for Vick and then go out and celebrate his accomplishments on the field. I see the Eagles move to sign him as nothing more than trying to capitalize on his abilities to get themselves a high draft pick. It has turned into a lucky break for them since he's been playing better than Kolb but that was more by chance than design. The Eagles hoped to give him a second chance and then turn that "goodwill" into a draft pick. I don't really respect that move either. I can't celebrate a team or player I don't respect. I can live with losing, but I can't stand behind a team or player when I don't respect the values they claim to have such pride in.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            A lot of guys can win games with our offense. He's got one year left on his contract. Seriously, what is he worth Chris. Maybe a 3rd rounder. I say keep him and he's going to have to like it.
            Kolb is probably worth more than McNabb in a trade, because his future is ahead of him.
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
              Kolb is probably worth more than McNabb in a trade, because his future is ahead of him.

You could be right stock but that's offset by his inexperience. It was just a few weeks ago many Eagles fans were certain he was a complete bust. He needs at least a full season as a starter (without having Vick in on every other play to try some variation of the wildcrap) to get a clear idea of what Kolb brings to the game. McNabb may have been older and on the downside, but he has a proven track record that a team looking for a 2-3 year rental can use. Kolb has far more risk than McNabb had when the trade was made.

Comment

Jukin, the Texans acquired Schaub from the Falcons for two second round picks after he had only two starts (and far worse stats than Kolb). So, there is probably some team out there willing to take a chance on him for about the same price.
                "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Draft picks are coveted more now than ever so I doubt Kolb would get a Schaub type return for us. He'd still get us either multiple picks or a day 1 (I guess day 2 of 3 now) pick though. I wouldn't address a Vick extension until after the season but before free agency. Hell, I'd franchise him first before giving him a long term contract and here's why:

1) His type of play - as we've already seen, the way he plays the game may lead to more injuries and at 30 years old, he may take longer to recover. That makes me pause before giving him a lucrative long term deal that he may seek on the open market.

2) He is one step away from banishment. One DUI, a non-California prescription based marijuana cigarette, public incident could make a long term investment a risky one. I have no doubt they'd write into the contract a clause that allows them to recover such costs but it also can leave a franchise in shambles.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                    No, you don't Juk. But what's funny is that the only real concern you see expresssed about Vick going forward is the possibility that he gets himself hurt again. Nobody is talking about him being dumb, innacurate, a turnover machine, etc......minds have changed.
                    I still think he's an idiot and wish he was stupid with another team. I don't like the guy. Never have and never will.

I'm not really worried about those other things because Vick will get injured again long before they would even matter.

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                    I feel like a hypocrite when I have zero respect for Vick and then go out and celebrate his accomplishments on the field. I see the Eagles move to sign him as nothing more than trying to capitalize on his abilities to get themselves a high draft pick. It has turned into a lucky break for them since he's been playing better than Kolb but that was more by chance than design. The Eagles hoped to give him a second chance and then turn that "goodwill" into a draft pick. I don't really respect that move either. I can't celebrate a team or player I don't respect. I can live with losing, but I can't stand behind a team or player when I don't respect the values they claim to have such pride in.
                    Damn, couldn't have said it better myself.
                    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Sign Vick, but keep Kolb or make sure they have a real good No. 2. I'm probably in favor of just franchising Vick after the season, given the uncertainties on the labor front.

That throw Vick made out of the end zone, 60 yards downfield to DeSean Jackson, wow. What a play.

He made it happen yesterday with an o-line that blocked nobody. They were awful. Kolb would have gotten killed, and I'm not knocking Kolb, he can move around. But it's tough to operate with that kind of jailbreak every play.
                      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                        Draft picks are coveted more now than ever so I doubt Kolb would get a Schaub type return for us. He'd still get us either multiple picks or a day 1 (I guess day 2 of 3 now) pick though. I wouldn't address a Vick extension until after the season but before free agency. Hell, I'd franchise him first before giving him a long term contract and here's why:

1) His type of play - as we've already seen, the way he plays the game may lead to more injuries and at 30 years old, he may take longer to recover. That makes me pause before giving him a lucrative long term deal that he may seek on the open market.

2) He is one step away from banishment. One DUI, a non-California prescription based marijuana cigarette, public incident could make a long term investment a risky one. I have no doubt they'd write into the contract a clause that allows them to recover such costs but it also can leave a franchise in shambles.
                        And this is why you don't trade Kolb!! He's got another year on his contract so you keep him around.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
                          Damn, couldn't have said it better myself.

That just goes to show you're a man of high intellect, good moral values and astonishing perspective!

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                            That just goes to show you're a man of high intellect, good moral values and astonishing perspective!
                            And the rest of us are exactly what....jackarse?

Comment

In case you didn't know, Juk.....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...rterbackRating

Comment

Maybe so FRESH, but Kolb's DYAR is higher than TDK's DYAR!
                                Whatever the hell that means.
                                http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb
                                "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                                — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                                - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Working...
                                X