Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dmitri Patterson, Antonio Dixon, Moise Fokou...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dmitri Patterson, Antonio Dixon, Moise Fokou...

I ask again, who else is sitting on the bench who is an improvement over a current starter? Keenan Clayton, maybe?

These guys have really added some juice to this defense. What a terrific game from Patterson last night. Two picks, one of them a real thing of beauty when he jumped that route over the middle. Looked like he was the intended receiver. Very solid tackling by Patterson as well in both games he has started.

Can't imagine Hobbs gets his job back, Patterson is a big improvement. Not sure why it takes an injury to get these players who are better onto the field.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

I've been saying for weeks that I want to see Clayton in pass coverage situations at LB. He's awfully fast. I also think Trevar Lindley has more talent at CB than we are aware of.

Comment

Patterson better stay a starter..he is so much better than Hobbs and Hanson. Guy can cover and tackle. He got beat on that long pass....but the coverage was great. It was just a nice throw

ditto Dixon

no so much Fokou for me. I still think he sucks. But so does Jordan....so we'll have to deal. Both really are terrible in outside run defense

I thought Coleman struggled pretty bad last night. I guess Allen may be better

Comment

Jose Cuervo Hanson has stunk since he gave up steroids. But he's definitely been phased out by Reid.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

You could also make a good case for MJG and McGlynn. Not to mention the obvious one in Vick. After all these years of tons of injuries, they finally paid off!! Even the injury to Peters seemse to have lit a fire under his ass because Dunlop showed he could play. Who knows, maybe Celek is next.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            You could also make a good case for MJG and McGlynn. Not to mention the obvious one in Vick. After all these years of tons of injuries, they finally paid off!! Even the injury to Peters seemse to have lit a fire under his ass because Dunlop showed he could play. Who knows, maybe Celek is next.
            Clay Harbor time.
            Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

2 games guys....2 very good games, but 2 games nonetheless...

Hobbs had been a proven starter for years in NE, as long as Patterson keeps rolling I agree Hobbs will and should not get the job back, but funny things can and do happen....

Hobbs also would have been replaced even if he was not injured IMV...Eagles have no problem with replacing guys, but they do not make knee-jerk decisions especially if the starter has proven he can do the job. Patience has paid off too...some of these guys might not be playing or even in the NFL (certainly Vick) if it were not for Reid's patience
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Hobbs is not an NFL starter IMHO

I agree it is only two games...but Patterson showed more in those 2 games than hanson and hobbs have in their careers here.

tackling like a madman. great coverage. 2 picks. He should stay the starter and Hobbs should return kicks and be the nickel guy

anything less would be uncivilized

Comment

Hobbs has battled injuries for most of his time here...neck last year and it was acknowledged he had the leg injury before the TN game. Hobbs was a starter in NE so it was not surprising he got the first shot.

I am fine with Patterson replacing him, but lets see more than two games before we start making the bust for Canton. Great start, lets keep it going

Hanson plays an important role due to his versatility, but yes he is not a starter
                  Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Working...
                  X