Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Fans bickering over being scared. Lol.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
    You just said Coleman has been adequate at best? As far as rookie safeties go - I've been very happy with Coleman.
    You're right! He's been a very pleasant surprise for a low round rook. But, as would be expected with a zero experience guy, he's got some rough edges. He's also being asked to fill in at FS for Allen when he's seen more as a SS. My 'adequate at best' crack was in reference to the demands of the position and was probably on the snarky side.

To be clear, I'm glad we have him and think, with time, he'll make a sound safety. And even as he stands now, he better then 3 of the stiffs we had out there last year (Jones, Demps, Harris).
    Last edited by tinopuno; 11-18-2010, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Looked again early this AM at Philly.com Sports and there was no mention of Allen that I could find. Coleman has been adequate at best as his replacement.
      On Wednesday Allen fully practiced. He's listed as probable & WILL play on Sunday night. He's gonna need the next couple of days to work with Patterson in zone coverage. It was a disaster with Hobbs vs Kenny Britt.
      Allen's a rookie and has played well so hopefully he'll grow from the Titans debacle. "We'll be fine there".
      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
        On Wednesday Allen fully practiced. He's listed as probable & WILL play on Sunday night. He's gonna need the next couple of days to work with Patterson in zone coverage. It was a disaster with Hobbs vs Kenny Britt.
        Allen's a rookie and has played well so hopefully he'll grow from the Titans debacle. "We'll be fine there".

Thanks!

Really glad to hear that! Not only for this Sunday but because I was a little concerned that the problem might be more serious/involved than just a sprained neck.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
          You're right! He's been a very pleasant surprise for a low round rook. But, as would be expected with a zero experience guy, he's got some rough edges. He's also being asked to fill in at FS for Allen when he's seen more as a SS. My 'adequate at best' crack was in reference to the demands of the position and was probably on the snarky side.

To be clear, I'm glad we have him and think, with time, he'll make a sound safety. And even as he stands now, he better then 3 of the stiffs we had out there last year (Jones, Demps, Harris).
          * Roger that. I have actually found myself daydreaming of Coleman/Allen duo next year with Mikell being phased out. Although Q has been a solid tackler lately for the most part - I still don't think he's that great.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
            I think that the Giant secondary is over rated and you could really see it last week. If the O-line gives Vick time to throw (or he makes it on his own)their secondary can't cover the Eagles wideouts. I like our chances in a shootout, they're running out of WR's.
            For sure. But if their defensive front gets jailbreaks often, it may not matter much how bad their secondary is. If our OL goes give them time, then yes I think we can put up points, and I thnk we can stop their offense enough if we do. Hate to see season-ending injuries, but it is also nice that we don't have to deal with the 6-6 Barden in that chuck-and-duck scenario. Though our secondary has changed a lot since Burress was there; maybe we'd have a better answer for him these days.

Comment

Working...
            X