X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Groh-I'm not wild about this one

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...eceivers-coach
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Really hard to evaluate potential WR coaches. The one thing that I would have to say is every main receiver he had this year in LA got better despite having revoking door at QB. Kenny Britt (had his best year under him this year), Tavon Austin level off but still had his most catches and yards this year. Brian Quick had his best year. When he was in Chicago Alshon Jeffrey had his best years, Brandon Marshall had two of his best years there to.

He comes from a coaching family with his Father Al Groh coaching in both College and the Pro's.

I would say his resume is better than Greg Lewis. Is the the best available out there, I really don't know.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

. We are rebuilding and he certainly has the pedigree to know what we need in a WR. If his history is any indication we should be in better shape next year. I think he deserves a chance
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

If we had the Rams receivers here with him coaching them, how would they have done? I'd say much better than they did in LA. I'm good with giving him a shot.

Comment

Let's face it that anybody will be an improvement over that immature idiot Lewis. A great guy would have been Childress if they could have talked him into it.

Comment

What about Groh gives you pause, E60?

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
              What about Groh gives you pause, E60?
              I guess he's OK TP. Working with Jeffreis and Marshall would make anybody look good and at first glance the Rams had no offense this season. Who really knows about these guys anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I guess he's OK TP. Working with Jeffreis and Marshall would make anybody look good and at first glance the Rams had no offense this season. Who really knows about these guys anyway?
                sounds like he's perfect for here then, we have no receivers. I still think Aggy kicks some ass this year though. Maybe he's gonna try to get Jeffries here.
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  sounds like he's perfect for here then, we have no receivers. I still think Aggy kicks some ass this year though. Maybe he's gonna try to get Jeffries here.
                  MM, you know that I love you like a brother but it ain't going to happen. I put my ass on him too last year and he just didn't have it. If he destroys the weight room this off season and comes back a man maybe he has a chance. To me he just looks scared to death when there is anyone near him and makes Pinky look like Hercules.

Comment

I think the target might Brandon Marshall. Hopefully he can takle DGB Aggie and Matthews under his wing and teach them. Hell take them over to the Sixer facility and let Embiid teach them how to box out.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                      I think the target might Brandon Marshall. Hopefully he can takle DGB Aggie and Matthews under his wing and teach them. Hell take them over to the Sixer facility and let Embiid teach them how to box out.
                      As long as he doesn't teach him how to be nuts he'd be fine. I'm just not sure now if we should go after big money guys. Of course, I'm not privy to "the plan".

Comment

As long as he doesn't teach him how to be nuts he'd be fine. I'm just not sure now if we should go after big money guys. Of course, I'm not privy to "the plan".
                        I think the Jets release him to save money. He probably wont be as big money as Jackson or others. He doesnt give them the deep threat but he will make coverages roll towards him opening up plays for the others

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                          I think the Jets release him to save money. He probably wont be as big money as Jackson or others. He doesnt give them the deep threat but he will make coverages roll towards him opening up plays for the others
                          I really like Marshall but you do have to live with the drops. Then again he's a real playmaker. He also can go nuts on game day and you have to put up with his tv schedule. Opening up room for our stiffs doesn't mean much. I guess that it may make sense. I think the main thing is that we have to draft a strafing caliber wr no matter what we do.

Comment

I really like Marshall but you do have to live with the drops. Then again he's a real playmaker. He also can go nuts on game day and you have to put up with his tv schedule. Opening up room for our stiffs doesn't mean much. I guess that it may make sense. I think the main thing is that we have to draft a strafing caliber wr no matter what we do.
                            Yes I think they will still draft a guy!

Comment

Another thing listening to WEEI this morning was that The Pats will take away Julio Jones and the Falcons will be done! Yeah right. Did you see that Abdul guy catching everything in sight Sunday? Like Atlanta is some pine dimensional team. I don't care what NE does Jones will make at least one wow play in that game and I don't think they're going to find some secret way to stop him. Atlanta has a better offense than NE. They also play in that horse crap division every year. They played the easiest schedule in the league. Unless Atlanta gets caught up in the aura of those assholes they're going to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X