Soccer rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer rules

Seeing as though they've been playing this game for about 1,000 years don't you think somebody should have smartened up and added a game clock? Stoppage time?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

It is a running clock unlike any other sport that I know of. Should there be significant injury or stoppage time, they add a couple of minutes on to the end of the impacted half.

Yes, it is a bit weird but the rest of the world thinks nothing of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
      It is a running clock unlike any other sport that I know of. Should there be significant injury or stoppage time, they add a couple of minutes on to the end of the impacted half.

Yes, it is a bit weird but the rest of the world thinks nothing of it.
      But even that time is arbitrary Vet. I'm not sure the rest of the world is that thrilled with it either but as you say they all go along with it. I don't see how it can't be officiated like anything else though. After all they finally made a major change in the rule so that the goalie can't pick up the ball all of the time and that has really improved the game which was a huge change of tradition. If somebody gets hurt what's so hard about stopping a clock? But as you say they don't worry about it so why should I. I only watch it every 4 years anyway. Soccer in general is pretty boring to watch but just like the NCAA basketball tournament there is so much passion in the games it makes them exciting.

Comment

sorry, but soccer does nothing for me, don't watch it or care about it. I was once a pretty good goalie too.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          sorry, but soccer does nothing for me, don't watch it or care about it. I was once a pretty good goalie too.
          I can see that MM. You have to be a little nuts to be a soccer goalie.

Comment

The board reaches new lows---- soccer. Wow can not wait for something "footballish" to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              The board reaches new lows---- soccer. Wow can not wait for something "footballish" to happen.
              I think that most sports are OK around here until I see Johnny Weir and figure skating show up. Than I'm officially OUT!

Comment

I don't have a problem with female skaters. As long as they know the reverse cameltoe. I haven't watched for a while, I think that's what it is called
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  I don't have a problem with female skaters. As long as they know the reverse cameltoe. I haven't watched for a while, I think that's what it is called
                  Of course you know the women's side. I didn't hear you mention the gerbil ranchers.

Comment

Im only a soccer fan every 4 years, for the duration of the World Cup . I actually like the nonstop clock; its refreshing after watching football games that only last an hour by the game clock, but seem to take 3.5 hours in real time.
                    Now if only someone could explain the whole offsides thing..it has never made any sense LOL LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
                      Im only a soccer fan every 4 years, for the duration of the World Cup . I actually like the nonstop clock; its refreshing after watching football games that only last an hour by the game clock, but seem to take 3.5 hours in real time.
                      Now if only someone could explain the whole offsides thing..it has never made any sense LOL LOL.
                      An offensive player can't go behind the defense until the ball is kicked to him. Once it's in the air going towards him it's OK.

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk View Post
                        Me too. I watch the World Cup and Olympic Soccer. Other than that, I have no interest in watching.

However......

I do have to admit being completely fascinated at how the European Soccer leagues work though (outside of the world cup and olympics). That fact that teams can get relegated to lower levels and lower level teams can actually make it to the top (in theory) is fantastic. There are 92 teams in England that actually have a chance to be champion. But, only 20 are in the top league and the 4 lower teams drop out every year so that teams from the lower divisions have a change to move back up.

Not to mention the fact that top teams from each country compete to be a true European champion (won by Real Madrid the last few years). I wish the NFL was setup like that. Even smaller cities could have a team and a dream,

Comment

Working...
                        X