Our Run D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Run D.

Well...if there was a case where the Eagles lacked a few years back, including their SB run, it was the run defense. We would always give short yardage to short passes or chunks in the running game.

After the first three weeks, we've got to admit our run defense looks as good as ever.

Houston wasn't much of a test, although with Kubiak's first game, you can argue they were ready to run.

Tiki was pretty much stopped last week.

Gore was as good as stopped yesterday. Excluding a couple of runs by Robinson (who I must say was happy to see playing that strong yesterday) I think our run d was phenomenal. McCoy is reacting well to the screens, and Trotter and the DTs just shut down everything that comes their way.

Which might explain the amount of passes that teams throw at us. I think as soon as our secondary gets healthy (hopefully neither Lito or Hood are out for more than the first four weeks) we should improve in that domain as well.
    "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

run D has been fantastic...no doubt

coverage is what has been weak. I'm hoping it is all due to injuries, but I'm not so sure

Comment

The run D is stout, and injuries are killing the secondary. It's not a talent problem IMO, the 1st 3 CB's are pretty good, and I don't believe any team in the NFL can be effective going 4 CB's deep, and using all your safety's too..
      Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

70, 86, and 123 yards rushing in the 3 games

part of that is because these teams don't get to run cuz we keep taking the lead

works for me!

by the way

http://www.philaphans.com/forums/showth ... genumber=1
        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

At this point - you try and survive the injuries. They just need to keep the secondary together with band aids and our strong pass rush. The run D is what's keeping the defense afloat.

Comment

BTW - have to give props to McCoy. The guy is making plays and is a real presence on the field.

Comment

I love McCoys speed and instincts--- but is anybody else worried about the his size and the workload and him wearing down in January?

I agree with the theme here- the run D has improved, Howard is pretty good and Patterson is getting pretty good also-- now if we can just turn Bunkley up a notch...

I didn't pay much attention... how did MAC-DOO-GAL do yesterday???

Comment

PhilaPhans is 610 WIP crap. That's such a crap a$$ post.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

A good offense is great for a defense. If we continue to score early it will make the D look great. I think I will wait till we are behind before passing judgement.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

It could be argued that they haven't played a good team yet.
                    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Here's food for thought.

Eagles oponets overall record.......2 - 7.

Yup, and one of those 2 wins includes our gift to the Giants.
                      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

But:

As we know Tiki CAN run.

As we know, Gore was running well so far.

As we know, the Texans stink.

And, in the past, against gimmepicks, we'd still struggle to stop their running game. The only reason we put them away is because they got down by 2 and 3 TDs, and had to throw. SF was the same yesterday, but in the beginning when they tried to run, we were there.
                        "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Working...
                        X