Injury Update from Reid today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nc
    I'm glad Mahe is OK, now I can sleep tonight.
    Mahe had a real nice 28 yard PR yesterday. Also fair caught a ball i think he could have returned.

Comment

That was a nice PR, but we're hurting badly at CB. I'd love to see us add a CB from god knows where if it's possible until Lito and Hood are healthy. Nothing personal against RM, but he's expendable right now, and Moats is a pretty good ST guy. Injuries sometimes dictate the roster, and in this case it certainly does.
      Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Originally posted by nc
        That was a nice PR, but we're hurting badly at CB. I'd love to see us add a CB from god knows where if it's possible until Lito and Hood are healthy. Nothing personal against RM, but he's expendable right now, and Moats is a pretty good ST guy. Injuries sometimes dictate the roster, and in this case it certainly does.
        i couldnt disagree more about mahe. who returns punts? do you want dexter wynn returning punts? he's dropped a few in the last few years.

mahe is very sure-handed catching punts. that's something i appreciate as a fan of football. dropped punts SUCK!
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I'd let Westbrook return punts. If he feels good enough to run between the tackles he's healthy enough to return punts for a few games until Lito, and Hood are healthy enough to play effectively. It's tough to beat good teams with bad CB's, luckily we're not playing good teams.
          Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

No mention of Stallworth is good news.

And I sure don't want Ramsey attempting to return punts, like he almost did yesterday. That play costed us, because we were pinned down in our 1 yard line (after Donovan almost got a safety) and had to punt, and the Niners scored their second TD in the ensuing possession.
            "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Fresh,

FWIW, Andy said yesterday that Hood's foot injury is not something that can be reaggrevated. I guess it is just some kind of bruise that can be painful to play on, but not made worse by playing.

Comment

Originally posted by nc
                I'd let Westbrook return punts. If he feels good enough to run between the tackles he's healthy enough to return punts for a few games until Lito, and Hood are healthy enough to play effectively. It's tough to beat good teams with bad CB's, luckily we're not playing good teams.

not me. why expose one of your most dangerous weapons to injury unnecessarily? i'm happy to send westy back there on occasion late in the season when much is on the line. but the rest of the time i want reno back there catching punts and taking those hits.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Think about what you just said, and then tell me that's even possible.

Just because I've only bruised something, I can't reaggravate it? C'mon.

Andy's just gotta stand behind his decision. But he's made these kind of moves previously. He has allowed Donovan, Blaine Bishop, Troy Vincent and Brian Westbrook play at times when they likely shouldn't have. I guarantee you that if Lito had been back healthy, Hood would not have played.

But none of that really matters to me. What DID bother me was that once it was seen/known that he was struggling to run full out, we should have yanked him. Not sure why we didn't. Props to Hood for giving it a go, I expect nothing less. McNabb didn't want to come out when he was hurt, and neither did Bishop. But the coach has to make those calls.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I do agree that Hood should have been pulled for performance reasons. He looked pretty bad on a couple of those plays.

Comment

he said Stallworth is day to day and they'll see how he does

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
                        Originally posted by nc

not me. why expose one of your most dangerous weapons to injury unnecessarily? i'm happy to send westy back there on occasion late in the season when much is on the line. but the rest of the time i want reno back there catching punts and taking those hits.
                        Totally agree. Westy should only return when necessary.

Mahe however, is a good guy to have when the rest of your team is real good. We have a very good team all around, so having a punt returner who doesn't drop the ball is the most imprtant partof that position. Plus he has improved greatly over the past three years in his yardage. Then he can catch out of the backfield, so he is a backup at another specialty area. After wanting him out of year for two years, I am finally OK with him being a good role player.
                        Pedro

Comment

I've had both a heel bruise and plantar. While plantar is certainly more serious the heel bruise caused me to wince with every step-- much like the plantar. Of course I didn't have access the the trainers like these guys so I am sure he gets the footwear and shots to help but I'm kind of concerned for him. I'm guessing it will be with him to some extent until it can be rested. That is mid Feb.
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Working...
                          X