Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
    The difference today was 1000000 percent the QB
    While emotionally I get why some may feel that way it really isn't that easy.

It's a team game, they lost as a team, ST's, QB play early on, D play later on.

Ben was good, but our D made him look better than he is. The runs we were stopping in the 1st half, were going for nice gains in the 2nd. And of course the fumbles ALWAYS have an impact on any game. Many reason they lost, and sometimes you give the other a tip of the hat. The Steelers O-line played a much better 2nd half. Waaaaaaaaay to simplistic to lay the end results just based upon QB's play.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      While emotionally I get why some may feel that way it really isn't that easy.

It's a team game, they lost as a team, ST's, QB play early on, D play later on.

Ben was good, but our D made him look better than he is. The runs we were stopping in the 1st half, were going for nice gains in the 2nd. And of course the fumbles ALWAYS have an impact on any game. Many reason they lost, and sometimes you give the other a tip of the hat. The Steelers O-line played a much better 2nd half. Waaaaaaaaay to simplistic to lay the end results just based upon QB's play.
      I can agree with that. But you also have to agree putting the ball on the ground in the red zone was a big game changer.

Comment

• IMO that fumble stole a lot of life from the O. Things didn't go well the rest of the half.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
          I can agree with that. But you also have to agree putting the ball on the ground in the red zone was a big game changer.
          Agree, It was one failure --- of many. Not sure how anybody would disagree with that.

Can't think of many times that a fumble lost is a good thing.

But it's never just one play that wins or losses a game. I think my response was directed at dispelling the notion that the reason we lost was because our QB was 1 million times worse then theirs.

Teams win and teams lose, IMO.

Comment

• Vick is an albatross around this teams neck. But they will stick with him because Reid's neck is on the line. Glad I didn't watch this crap.
            FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

• Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              Agree, It was one failure --- of many. Not sure how anybody would disagree with that.

Can't think of many times that a fumble lost is a good thing.

But it's never just one play that wins or losses a game. I think my response was directed at dispelling the notion that the reason we lost was because our QB was 1 million times worse then theirs.

Teams win and teams lose, IMO.
              I tend to agree here MD. However, 3 fumbles by the same guy (and really 4 with the gift brushing of another player's foot overturning another) and winning becomes next to impossible. I might also point out that Babin is also rapidly becoming a major disappointment. Yet, we were still right in the game to the end. I guess that there is hope, but reality is really starting to set in as far as Vick is concerned.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• Babin mad e a hell of an

effort running down Mendenhall on a play yesterday. The effort is there.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• At the end of the season two of the biggest problems that had to be fixed were the defense and the turnovers. The defense is better but the turnovers are worse. Right now the biggest problem on this team is Vick's turnover rate. 14 turnovers in 5 games (8 fumbles and 6 interceptions). How can you win when you give the ball away nearly 3 times per game?
                  Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                  Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                    Babin mad e a hell of an

effort running down Mendenhall on a play yesterday. The effort is there.
                    I remember that play Fresh and I agree.
                    But where was he the other 59 and a half minutes?
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                      At the end of the season two of the biggest problems that had to be fixed were the defense and the turnovers. The defense is better but the turnovers are worse. Right now the biggest problem on this team is Vick's turnover rate. 14 turnovers in 5 games (8 fumbles and 6 interceptions). How can you win when you give the ball away nearly 3 times per game?

Totally agree. I understand where people are coming from saying that you can't just assume that if Vick doesn't fumble the rest of the game plays out exactly the same. Andy probably doesn't go for it up 1 on 4th and inches on our own 30 ... etc.

Football is about situations. But guess what, you create positive situations for your team by capitalizing on 1st and goal from the 2 and not fumbling it all the time. You put yourself up 7 and the game very likely plays out differently ... potentially more in your favor. Maybe we win by 10. Puts pressure on the other team... gives your team confidence.

Come on -- we all know the most important stat (other than score) is turnovers. Show me a team that constantly loses the turnover battle and I'll show you a team that will constantly struggle to win. That is the Eagles right now. You cannot win in this league turning the ball over 3 times a game.

Vick is killing this team. He has 14 turnovers this year in (I counted) 59 drives. So Vick is turning the ball over in about 1 in 4 drives. That is unacceptable.

Comment

• I thought the D played a decent game. The covergae on KO's is terrible. Our return game is putrid. Our offense is destroyed by the turnover and most of that is because of Vick.

Comment

• Defensive Line Snaps:

Cole 51
                          Babin 51
                          Cox 45
                          Jenkins 41
                          Landri 31
                          Thorton 29
                          Tapp 23
                          Graham 19
                          Hunt 6

Big flip in playing time Graham vs. Hunt.

Comment

• Vick wasn't the sole reason for the loss; heaven knows every time they snap the ball someone has to pull the fire alarm cause he is running for his life. But their QB is better than our QB. In fact, our QB shows flashes of brilliance but can be counted on to give the ball up. Many, many, many people busted the balls of Eli Manning and Romo for the very same thing. Michael Vick may not be the sole reason they loss but he didn't help.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

• Well, if the defense had stepped up and made some plays instead of allowing them to waltz down the field for the winning FG, they still would have won the game. But, the fumble at the goal line was a killer. You just can't do that. Especially given the emphasis put on ball security lately.

Comment

• That's fair EB ... but what's also fair is that in every win so far this season, the defense has done just that. The offense's job isn't done when they get a 3 point lead (or less) and give the ball back to the opponent with a chance for a final game winning drive every game. Holding on to wins in 3 of 4 games is pretty good for a defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X