• Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Hangover

Tough but I think I am going to beat this one
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

I'm in a lower gear this morning
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

My kids were up until 10:30 and didn’t want to go to school. My older daughter threw up... or said she did. So we are all sitting this one out today.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Didn't drink (was driving)... but haven't slept either!

Comment

I'm on about 6 hours sleep since Friday. 3 Saturday night, maybe 3 last night.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Drank very lightly during the game (2 beers) and only moderately following (2 very generous glasses of Beam Apple on ice).

Despite the lack of alcohol, was definitely not using 'condo voice' whenever irds scored or AT ALL DURING THE LAST 9MINUTES. Was bouncing off the walls I was so pumped.

Didn't sleep much...too wound up.

Functioning in 2nd gear today. Will go back to bed and watch the replay on NFLN at 1:00 PM.

Fuck ALMOST ALL the "experts".

Comment

When Graham made that strip sack, I don't think I've yelled that loud in my life. I can barely speak today.
              Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I’m still going nuts internally. We won!!!

Comment

Starting to fade now at work. Fell asleep at 4:30 am, got a 2 hour delay call for the School at 5am. So that is exactly 30 minutes of sleep for me today. Thank you school district for waiting until 5am to make a decision that could have been made at 11pm the night before. Don't care though we are Super Bowl Champs!!!
                  Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I’m not having one and I don’t expect our team will have one come opening day.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
                      When Graham made that strip sack, I don't think I've yelled that loud in my life. I can barely speak today.
                      Hey fellas! I am sorry I could not join you in the euphoria last night. Its been a tough start to 2018 but having the Birds has helped me get through. Pneumonia for a month so I don't have much energy! I am watching that game with my wife is keeping an eye on me to make sure I don't over exert myself. I did pretty well until that strip sack! I couldn't stop screaming YES! It was one of the most exhilarating feelings! But it did me in! I made to the end of the game then slumped over! Totally spent and now trying to get fluids back in me.

I truly don't know how to describe how I feel! It is just so surreal!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                        Hey fellas! I am sorry I could not join you in the euphoria last night. Its been a tough start to 2018 but having the Birds has helped me get through. Pneumonia for a month so I don't have much energy! I am watching that game with my wife is keeping an eye on me to make sure I don't over exert myself. I did pretty well until that strip sack! I couldn't stop screaming YES! It was one of the most exhilarating feelings! But it did me in! I made to the end of the game then slumped over! Totally spent and now trying to get fluids back in me.

I truly don't know how to describe how I feel! It is just so surreal!
                        I hope you feel better soon Rob. This sure should help. That strip sack sent me into a 15 F Bomb barrage after 56 years of frustration. After we won I went into a state of just being shocked and numb. I then proceeded to stay up all night and watch every interview that I could and watched the replay of the game at 3:00AM.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          I hope you feel better soon Rob. This sure should help. That strip sack sent me into a 15 F Bomb barrage after 56 years of frustration. After we won I went into a state of just being shocked and numb. I then proceeded to stay up all night and watch every interview that I could and watched the replay of the game at 3:00AM.
                          Popper! I just started screaming YES! I mean i couldn't stop! I mean it was like every bad draft pick, Bryce Paup, the late hit on McNabb, Kalu missing the punt block, Joe Jervicous running free, Rod Martin, 1967-1978, free agency, Kotite, Fog Bowl, McNabb puking, wasted time outs, Chip Kelly ALL of that and so much more being released! I now you can relate!

Comment

Popper! I just started screaming YES! I mean i couldn't stop! I mean it was like every bad draft pick, Bryce Paup, the late hit on McNabb, Kalu missing the punt block, Joe Jervicous running free, Rod Martin, 1967-1978, free agency, Kotite, Fog Bowl, McNabb puking, wasted time outs, Chip Kelly ALL of that and so much more being released! I now you can relate!
                            I think everybody thought that I'm nuts (well I am). "57 F'ing years of getting F'd" was repeated many times along with a bunch of other things that I can't remember. Mine also started with a "Yes!". Separated at birth Rob LOL.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I am watching that game with my wife is keeping an eye on me to make sure I don't over exert myself. I did pretty well until that strip sack! I couldn't stop screaming YES!
                              Rob,

I'm a loud person by nature. Most of the year we live in a house that is some distance from the nearest neighbor. I can scream away. In the Winter we live a solidly built condo, but it is still a condo and a very quiet one at that. My wife was out shopping for the first half and I was well behaved with mainly a couple "Yes" s screamed when we scored.

Gail was home for the 2nd half and my screams were still pretty much limited to our three scoring plays. Again mostly a burst of 3 or 4 screamed "Yes"s. Gail just sat there sat there saying, "Richard Richard Please!"

The strip sack broke the damn. There were "Yes"s, "Fuckin A"s and even a couple of "Yes! Motha Fucker"s. The funny thing is that Gail, who is no big football fan, also started jumping up and down when she realized what had happened.

No "Motha Fucker"s out of her though.

Hope you feel better soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X