Andy Reid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Reid

As much as Andy Reid had limitations as a coach and couldn't get us over the hump, his fingers are all over this championship.

Without Andy, does Pederson even get the opportunity to coach in the NFL?

Without Andy, does Foles retire two years ago?

Without Andy, do we come up with a game plan similar to the one that the Chiefs used to put up 42 points on this New England D? We scored 41 on them and they were the best scoring D in the last 10 games of the season and playoffs.

Although Reid couldn't get it done, he was the one that turned this franchise around when things were looking bleak. And I'm also sure that Pederson learned a lot from Reid's mistakes (time management - pass happy - slow play calling - wasting timeouts) and was determined not to repeat them.
    Last edited by rspurr; 02-06-2018, 10:25 AM.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
    As much as Andy Reid had limitations as a coach and couldn't get us over the hump, his fingers are all over this championship.

Without Andy, does Pederson even get the opportunity to coach in the NFL.

Without Andy, does Foles retire two years ago.

Without Andy, do we come up with a game plan similar to the one that the Chiefs used to put up 42 points on this New England D. We scored 41 on them and they were the best scoring D in the last 10 games of the season and playoffs.

Although Reid couldn't get it done, he was the one that turned this franchise around when things were looking bleak. And I'm also sure that Pederson learned a lot from Reid's mistakes (time management - pass happy - slow play calling - wasting timeouts) and was determined not to repeat them.
    Well he sure took the long way around to do it!!!!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Don't forget without Reid there would be no Foles, Celek, Peters (although hurt) Kelce, Graham, Cox, Curry and Kendricks. The thing is they never would have won with Reid, he was not innovative like Doug is. All Hail Doug, All Hail Howie. We are Super Bowl Champs my friends
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Agree spur. Andy changed this franchise.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Hey, I loved the guy and respected him too but let's not get carried away here. I'm not going back 20 years to figure out how we won this thing and if Luri knew that it was going to take that long he never would have hired him either and we never even would have heard of him. I thrilled as all hell that it has happened now though!!

Comment

And if Holmgren hadn't gotten a job a whole tree may not have grown and if Belichick hadn't run into someone on the Vikes staff that he didn't like NE may have never won a SB.
            Andy didn't give the birds this victory anymore than Dawkins or anyone else from the past. But one can't deny that Andy impacted this franchise for the good and that he has tentacles around the league. He just can't get over the top.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              And if Holmgren hadn't gotten a job a whole tree may not have grown and if Belichick hadn't run into someone on the Vikes staff that he didn't like NE may have never won a SB.
              Andy didn't give the birds this victory anymore than Dawkins or anyone else from the past. But one can't deny that Andy impacted this franchise for the good and that he has tentacles around the league. He just can't get over the top.
              What if Jack Kennedy didn't get shot?

Comment

Andy’s biggest flaw was we’re fine there. I thought at first it was just a stock answer. Then seeing how McNabb’s prime years were wasted without good wide outs, how LB had no value, well he believed we were fine there. He’s stubborn as they come. I’m still glad we had him because he did get things turned around and gave us some exciting football. And Doug learned from him, mistakes not to make as well as his good points.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  Agree spur. Andy changed this franchise.
                  THIS!!!!!THIS!!!! What so many people forget----- This franchise was a laughingstock ---- Until AR got here and built a winner. In coaching, talent, mindset and respect! This team was nothing but a bottom feeder since 1981 until AR got here!

No he isn't responsible for the SB, but he is responsible, IMM, to getting this franchise to be respectable, competitive and more than an afterthought!

Comment

AR had a flaw that arguably led directly to his failure to lead the team to the trophy. And that was his stubborn refusal to recognize the essential importance of solid LBers and, especially, top flight wide outs.

That said, he turned the franchise from frequently embarrassingly doormat to perennial power. He returned a sense of pride to being a bird's fan.

Above all, I believe Andy was and is a good man. AR's stubbornness was frustrating but I was really furious with him only once...when he persuaded Jeff Lurie to sign Michael Vick. (I despised Vick with the heat of a thousand suns.) Ironically, that may have been AR's finest act as a man. Nothing moves me more then when a seemingly really bad human being works to achieve real redemption. I believed Vick earned redemption and it was AR who took the enormous risk that opened the path for Vick.

And I could be way off with this speculation but I've often wondered if AR himself did not find some redemption in offering Vick a genuine 2nd chance at life after losing his son to suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                      No he isn't responsible for the SB, but he is responsible, IMM, to getting this franchise to be respectable, competitive and more than an afterthought!
                      Agreed.

Thanks Andy

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post

Without Andy, does Pederson even get the opportunity to coach in the NFL?

Without Andy, does Foles retire two years ago?

Without Andy, do we come up with a game plan similar to the one that the Chiefs used to put up 42 points on this New England D? We scored 41 on them and they were the best scoring D in the last 10 games of the season and playoffs.

Agreed. Bunch of Andy guys still on the roster too. Brandon Graham, Kelce, Peters, Foles, Curry, Cox, etc.

Here's a crazy what-if. If Chip had kept Foles would he still be the coach?
                        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                          Agreed. Bunch of Andy guys still on the roster too. Brandon Graham, Kelce, Peters, Foles, Curry, Cox, etc.

Here's a crazy what-if. If Chip had kept Foles would he still be the coach?
                          I doubt it. He did so many screwed up things, Foles could not have saved him. I hated the Foles trade, that was the day my disdain for Kelly really took hold.

Comment

Working...
                          X