X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few things that happened

1) I still think that Jake made his first extra point

2) Zack has a false start on the goal line and I thought "here we go again"

3) The difference in the game was the GOAT dropping the pass that Nick caught

4) After he missed the extra point Gostkowski almost killed Clements on the kickoff return!

5) Speaking of Clements, he's a GREAT player!

6) The Hail Mary lasted 10 friekin minutes!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

1. Me too. Looked like it sliced after it went by the upright.
    2. That was a costly mistake.
    3. Crazy but true.
    4. Missed that one.
    5. He can do everything and does it very well. He recognized the reverse and slowed up the return.
    6. That ball seemed to bounce around for ever but at least it ran the clock out.

I’ll add one more.

7. With 2:03 left and 2nd and 7, I thought we needed to pass the ball and I really thought Doug would. The clock stops anyway in that situation. Steve Young said the same thing after the game.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
      1. Me too. Looked like it sliced after it went by the upright.
      2. That was a costly mistake.
      3. Crazy but true.
      4. Missed that one.
      5. He can do everything and does it very well. He recognized the reverse and slowed up the return.
      6. That ball seemed to bounce around for ever but at least it ran the clock out.

I’ll add one more.

7. With 2:03 left and 2nd and 7, I thought we needed to pass the ball and I really thought Doug would. The clock stops anyway in that situation. Steve Young said the same thing after the game.

Excellent point! I remember we talked about that option. Here's another one:

Graham lined up at DT for his strip sack

Comment

A couple of other things

The botched FG was curving back in but hit the goal post. 3 feet longer and it was good.

Cook was a moron trying to hurdle McLeod on the 3rd down reverse near our goal line. He easily could have made a move to pick up another yard or so. Idiot showboat cost them.

Nick on the sidelines after the Philly Special: "I saw the wide 9 and my eyes went whoaaaa!"

Comment

It still seems so surreal...

...even now.

Over 1100 yards of total offense, an NFL record for any game, playoff or not.

Tom Brady threw for 505 yards... and lost. 1st time in NFL history a QB threw for over 500 yards and lost.

The Patriots lost a game in which they never punted. Not one single punt. And, they lost. I doubt very seriously that that's ever happened before either.

But, for me, the most surreal thing had to be popping the sacred cork. When my niece got married back in the late 90's, we all really enjoyed the Champagne at the reception. My sister suggested to j-bird that we grab a bottle and stick it in the fridge, and if the Eagles ever won the Super Bowl we'd drink it. So, he grabbed a bottle and put in in the fridge, where it sat for 20 years. Out on the porch, where we watch the games, it sat quietly. Every beer we grabbed out of that fridge on gameday, it was right there. I remember when we played the Pats in the bowl with Donovan, I told my wife before the kickoff that I couldn't believe we were that close to popping that cork. It wasn't meant to be then. I seriously doubted that we'd ever pop it. Yet, there I was. j-bird told me to go ahead and pop it. I opened the fridge, and there it was. Sitting quietly in the place it had occupied for so long. I sat in on the table, and peeled the foil off, and removed the wire cage from the bottle. I swear, it was like Ralphie unwrapping the Red Rider BB gun on Christmas morning. I gave the cork a twist and a pull, and POP. And to top it off, it tasted fantastic. I'll always cherish that moment. It seems surreal. Like a dream.

Then, I turn on the TV, and Nick Foles is riding a parade float at Disney World getting a fist bump from Mickey Mouse.

Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
            ...even now.

Over 1100 yards of total offense, an NFL record for any game, playoff or not.

Tom Brady threw for 505 yards... and lost. 1st time in NFL history a QB threw for over 500 yards and lost.

The Patriots lost a game in which they never punted. Not one single punt. And, they lost. I doubt very seriously that that's ever happened before either.

But, for me, the most surreal thing had to be popping the sacred cork. When my niece got married back in the late 90's, we all really enjoyed the Champagne at the reception. My sister suggested to j-bird that we grab a bottle and stick it in the fridge, and if the Eagles ever won the Super Bowl we'd drink it. So, he grabbed a bottle and put in in the fridge, where it sat for 20 years. Out on the porch, where we watch the games, it sat quietly. Every beer we grabbed out of that fridge on gameday, it was right there. I remember when we played the Pats in the bowl with Donovan, I told my wife before the kickoff that I couldn't believe we were that close to popping that cork. It wasn't meant to be then. I seriously doubted that we'd ever pop it. Yet, there I was. j-bird told me to go ahead and pop it. I opened the fridge, and there it was. Sitting quietly in the place it had occupied for so long. I sat in on the table, and peeled the foil off, and removed the wire cage from the bottle. I swear, it was like Ralphie unwrapping the Red Rider BB gun on Christmas morning. I gave the cork a twist and a pull, and POP. And to top it off, it tasted fantastic. I'll always cherish that moment. It seems surreal. Like a dream.

Then, I turn on the TV, and Nick Foles is riding a parade float at Disney World getting a fist bump from Mickey Mouse.

Unbelievable.
            I remember doing that about 40 years ago and let it sit for a few years for a special occasion. When I finally opened it the shit had gone bad!

They probably had 1,100 uncalled penalties in that game too.

Comment

Working...
            X