Salary cap ramifications?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary cap ramifications?

If revenues go down this year does the salary cap go down too?
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

why would revenues go down?

Comment

Isn't viewership down something like 15% over the protests. That's got to affect revenues doesn't it?

Comment

not sure. I thought the TV contracts were so huge that it would not matter much. Then add the new stadiums and 2017 was poised for 14 billion. haven't seen any updates

I had a conversation with my parents last night. They are one of the "not watching anymore's" They are Patriots fans, so I told them they better keep it going through the whole year and playoffs. They should get rid of their Brady shirt and Pats memoriabilia

we all know that nobody can really quite their love of football. They will all be back.

Comment

absolutely they will be back.tv won't show the anthem and it will go away for the vast majority. and the miniscule number that might stay away won't have a significant impact. I certainly don't think there will be any sal cap impact.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            absolutely they will be back.tv won't show the anthem and it will go away for the vast majority. and the miniscule number that might stay away won't have a significant impact. I certainly don't think there will be any sal cap impact.
            or the networks will be told not to show anyone protesting
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Isn't viewership down something like 15% over the protests. That's got to affect revenues doesn't it?
              The TV contracts are probably set. The networks would take the risk of less viewership meaning less ad revenue (if it does).

The next round of TV contract negotiations, different story.

Comment

Don't listen to Trump's nonsense. The NFL is doing just fine. Just like ESPN, Saturday Night Live, the New York Times and the long list of other people and organizations he doesn't like who he says are "failing" but actually are not because he lies every time he opens his mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                  Don't listen to Trump's nonsense. The NFL is doing just fine. Just like ESPN, Saturday Night Live, the New York Times and the long list of other people and organizations he doesn't like who he says are "failing" but actually are not because he lies every time he opens his mouth.
                  Please keep your personal political views to yourself!

Comment

YPCM

I am neutral politically.

I have seen the ratings and/or public opinions of all of these organizations or shows and they are eroding. Hollywood had it’s worse year in forever and it’s only continuing to get worse.

There are really losing support. Maybe it will come back but who knows.

I don’t think this is on Trump though. I think he recognized it and caught on for the populist ride.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I agree with the general thought that the TV contracts probably are of the biggest concern for the league. But they eventually will be affected by viewership and sponsorship. But merchandise sales will also become a factor at some point.

The NFL needs to get an endgame here as the longer this goes on the bigger the "comfortableness" will grow.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that the salary cap goes up every year because profits go up every year because there is a formula in place there. I'm guessing that the cap is going to actually go down unless the slide in interest doesn't stop. My guess is that when the players start realizing that this protest is affecting their pocketbooks they will rethink some of this stuff. As always, It's always about the money (MD!).

Comment

if you love "football" you love "football". The game. the history.

players protesting or our embarrassing leader bringing attention to it while ignoring decimated US territories or gun violence should never change that

but if it does, I say do it and leave and never come back

I suspect 100% of real "football" fans will be back

maybe some Giants fans will hold out longer, since their team sucks this year. Maybe SF fans. everyone else will be back

Comment

If the owners are financially impacted by this, look for them to address it in the next CBA.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                              if you love "football" you love "football". The game. the history.

players protesting or our embarrassing leader bringing attention to it while ignoring decimated US territories or gun violence should never change that

but if it does, I say do it and leave and never come back

I suspect 100% of real "football" fans will be back

maybe some Giants fans will hold out longer, since their team sucks this year. Maybe SF fans. everyone else will be back
                              Why don't you just answer the question instead of hammering your political agenda? Sure people will eventually come back, at least most of them. I'm just bringing up the point that if revenues go down I think that the salary cap does too. I don't care what Trump, Gloria Steinman or Alfred E Newman has to say about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X