Hit those owners hard Mr. President!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Yeah, those owners are really great guys. I don't even know how to respond to that Chris.
    Not sure what your point is. No one said they were great guys. Trump suggested that if they don't stand for the flag, they should have their tax exemption taken away. THEY NO LONGER HAVE A TAX EXEMPTIION. Typical Trump not letting facts get in the way of riling up his bat-shit-crazy base.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
      Not sure what your point is. No one said they were great guys. Trump suggested that if they don't stand for the flag, they should have their tax exemption taken away. THEY NO LONGER HAVE A TAX EXEMPTIION. Typical Trump not letting facts get in the way of riling up his bat-shit-crazy base.
      But they also are exempt from antitrust laws and that is what fuels all of their profits. The tax exempt status was a just a little bone the NFL threw at the public.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

SMDH. Folks, we really need to stick to football. I shouldn't have viewed this, but couldn't help myself, and now I wish I hadn't.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
          OMG, If he said tax exemption and he should have said Tax Breaks?--- so lets kill him for that.

The point is = We the people in some ways subsidize the NFL while they make Billions!

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
            SMDH. Folks, we really need to stick to football. I shouldn't have viewed this, but couldn't help myself, and now I wish I hadn't.
            Just browsed through the thread and sure sounds like everything in it pertains to football, I guess you just posted your response in the wrong thread.
            Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Trump sucks! thats all

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                Didn't the NFL lose their tax status a few years back? I know they were some type of not for profit (501 something) but I thought that went away. Am I wrong
                I could be wrong...I am frequently. But I believe the NFL voluntarily gave up tax exempt status for
                'some' of it's income in order to avoid having to give a detailed accounting of, among other things,
                Goodell's salary and benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                  Trump sucks! thats all
                  Good input.....

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    Good input.....
                    That sounds about right for a certain segment of the population, "I'm right, you're wrong, shut up"! Followed by "you're racist"!
                    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Interesting debate on CNN tonight about the anthem protest.

Here is what I don’t get though...

Don Lemon said people disrespect the anthem the same way when they chug beer and eat wings in a bar during the anthem instead of respecting it. He was quickly - and rightly - challenged on this. It’s illogical to suggest that being disrespectful in a bar specific to the anthem is the same as disrespecting it in the stadium or on the field.

This is the problem for me now. This is a ridiculous argument. Silly in every way. And yet Don Lemon sidetracks the discussion with this irrelevant and frankly insulting comparison. Who the fuck does he think he is. You can’t even discuss issues now because one side or the other just hijacks the discussion with utter BS.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                        Interesting debate on CNN tonight about the anthem protest.

Here is what I don’t get though...

Don Lemon said people disrespect the anthem the same way when they chug beer and eat wings in a bar during the anthem instead of respecting it. He was quickly - and rightly - challenged on this. It’s illogical to suggest that being disrespectful in a bar specific to the anthem is the same as disrespecting it in the stadium or on the field.

This is the problem for me now. This is a ridiculous argument. Silly in every way. And yet Don Lemon sidetracks the discussion with this irrelevant and frankly insulting comparison. Who the fuck does he think he is. You can’t even discuss issues now because one side or the other just hijacks the discussion with utter BS.
                        I watch CNN too but not him AW. I just don't like the guy for some reason. He's pretty smug but then I guess most journalists are.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                          I could be wrong...I am frequently. But I believe the NFL voluntarily gave up tax exempt status for
                          'some' of it's income in order to avoid having to give a detailed accounting of, among other things,
                          Goodell's salary and benefits.
                          Right, they gave up their not-for-profit designation a while back -- which means they no longer have to make public filings on their finances as much, either. The net tax result is the same because all money is funneled to the teams anyways. The teams (as they always have) pay income tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
                            Just browsed through the thread and sure sounds like everything in it pertains to football, I guess you just posted your response in the wrong thread.
                            Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that comments like Trump has a gullible bat shit crazy base, or Trump sucks weren't political, and didn't have anything to do with football. In addition to being divisive. Maybe I just read it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              Good input.....
                              since it's apparently needed. allow me to elaborate:

1. Trump is hands down the worst leader the "United" States has ever had. If anything, he is making us more divided

2. He is hands down THE most selfish leader ever. (Bush Jr in 2nd)
                              I have ZERO doubt that his whole shenanigans and comments about the National Anthem are waaaaaaay more personal than they really are about him being supposedly a great American.
                              Trump sued the NFL and won a $1. He has tried to buy NFL teams and was rejected. There is not a single doubt that his comments are meant to serve his purpose of hurting a league than has shunned him personally. As well as speaking to some of his most polarizing supporters. Thus his oh so eloquent quote calling the players "Sons of Bitches"

it probably will not matter to any blind loyal Trump supporters, but I am independent. There is good and bad on both sides. This is just the worst I have ever seen

as for kneeling for the National Anthem. I don't personally like it and would not do it myself. However, I understand why some players would do it and I am OK with that

I liken it to religious freedom. I don't want or ever need anyone telling me how to believe and yapping about how they love God more than me

same with being an American. I am sick and tired of people needing to spout off how they are great Americans and others are not.

Here is an idea. Do what makes "you" happy. People fought for freedom in this country and yet we are spending all this time on a dictator view of what people should do.

in my mind, the whiners and the quitters of watching football are hypocrits and every bit as wrong as the players kneeling.

but....that is what society is now. Twitter, Facebook, ranting Blogs, Left News, Right News, I am right and you are wrong. Its already tiresome, but now our adult President is taking it to new levels

there, I feel better

Comment

Not gonna get political with you--- but here is what I think of your view----

Comment

Working...
                                X