Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The reigning NFL Champs and NO POSTS?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well when the Bengals scorch your defense for 3 tds before the first string comes out it can't be good.
    http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

Don't knock the Bengals, man. They're for real. I'd rather bet on them to win the AFC North than the Ravens. And yes, you may now kill me for that.

Comment

What??? The Bengals looked good last year but they were headed by the Comeback Player of the Year. He is now on the bench and they replaced him with a rookie. But more importantly they have no defense. The Ravens have the most talented defense in the league and don't forget about Jamal Lewis and their solid running game. Jim Fassel is also working with Kyle Boller to make him a better QB.

Comment

*shrugs*

Do you think they replaced Kitna with no basis for that? Don't you think Kitna might've been a little ticked off if Palmer had shown nothing? And do you really think Marvin Lewis will have no defense? Boller is a below average QB, for this year at least. Jamal Lewis has his drug trials, who knows how that'll affect him. The defense is great, but they can't do it themselves. I'd rather have a team with average offense and defense any day than one with a poor offense and good defense. (I can't believe I'm actually arguing for the Bengals...that's how you know it's time to go to bed)

Comment

I have no doubt that Palmer showed SOMETHING. But maybe the fact that the Bengals drafted him #1 overall and signed him to a huge deal also had something to do with it. The Bengals may have a good defense in a couple of years under Marvin Lewis but right now they don't have anyone except Deltha O'Neal who was good for one year, and Justin Smith. Again Jim Fassel is working with Kyle Boller. He was a rookie last year and made some mistakes but that is why Fassel has been working with him. He looked pretty good in the pre-season games.

Comment

Originally posted by IanB
              *shrugs*

Do you think they replaced Kitna with no basis for that? Don't you think Kitna might've been a little ticked off if Palmer had shown nothing? And do you really think Marvin Lewis will have no defense? Boller is a below average QB, for this year at least. Jamal Lewis has his drug trials, who knows how that'll affect him. The defense is great, but they can't do it themselves. I'd rather have a team with average offense and defense any day than one with a poor offense and good defense. (I can't believe I'm actually arguing for the Bengals...that's how you know it's time to go to bed)
              Baltimore won a SB with exactly that same formula. Hell, Trent Dilfer? I think starting Carson Palmer means they won't make a run this year but they will overtake the Ravens next year. THey have a lot of talent in Cinci.
              Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Dilfer threw more TD's than INT's that year, something I don't belive Boller is capable of...also, I think that 2000 defense was better than this one will be.

I love the speculation and all, but this season really needs to get underway.

Comment

Yeah Dilfer had an okay year. But he wasn't a rookie, Kyle Boller is coming off a rookie season. They have these season to learn something, how quick the game is and how they need to adapt to these changes. For the third time, Jim Fassel is helping out the second year QB with how he reads the defense and other things. He has looked good in the preseason and he looked good for a rookie last season.

Comment

I gotta go with IanB on this one...Cinci is my pick for the AFC North.
                    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

No posts on here because all the Bostonians are deluding themselves that the Sox can beat the Yankees in a playoff series. :P. Lot's of posts on the Eagles board because the Phillies are embarresing to watch.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Yah what the hells up with that. This is a Patriots topic, can we stay along it? But to follow up with you guys, I say Baltimore wins AFC North. And if they don't, I don't think Cinci will be the one to do it.

Comment

Yeah, I think Baltimore wins the division on a tiebreaker, probably head-to-head record.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not saying that Baltimore is the sole owner of that division and that it won't even be close. But Baltimore right now looks like the better team. Cinci has better offense but Baltimore has a much better defense. If Baltimore for some reason didn't win that division, then yeah I would pick Cinci.

Comment

Duce will lead the steelers to a 12-4 record and win the division....j/k

Comment

I say NE wins AFC East

Comment

Working...
                                X