Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malcom Jenkins : Eagles work harder than anyone else..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcom Jenkins : Eagles work harder than anyone else..

From PFT

After five years with the Saints, Malcolm Jenkins signed with the Eagles this offseason. And he says coach Chip Kelly has the players in Philadelphia working harder than he worked in New Orleans — and harder than anyone works anywhere.

Jenkins said on the Jim Rome Show that the Eagles are unique in their approach to Organized Team Activities.

“I think we’ve worked harder than any team in the NFL,” said Jenkins. “I think we’ve gotten more reps and more exposure than any team in the NFL, so right now at this point we’re winning. Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean we’re going to win anything. All we can win is today and each day, we go out as a team and try to do that. I feel like if we continue on that path and get better and better as we go, I definitely see this team having a chance.”

Jenkins said that players aren’t accustomed to the way Kelly does things, but they’ve bought in.

“We’re creatures of habit. It’s hard for us to accept change, it’s hard for us to say ‘We’re going to get 50 plays in an OTA practice’ as opposed to normally people are getting 20. There has to be a reason for it, and [Kelly] does a great job of explaining why and then taking care of us, as far as our recovery and our bodies,” said Jenkins. “Everything he does from a scheduling standpoint and a practice standpoint has a reason and that reason is explained to us. So it’s a lot easier for us to grasp it, understand it, take hold of it and buy in because he has a vision, he has a plan and then he articulates that plan to us.”

It was a plan that worked well in Kelly’s first season. And if Jenkins is to be believed, Kelly’s second season is off to a good start.

We're from Philadelphia, we fight" baby!!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Love this. You really can't ask for more.

Comment

I'm sure they are working hard, and maybe harder than they did at New Orleans in OTAs. But Chip took it easy on them in TC last year and I imagine he'll do the same thing this year. He's got these guys in it for the long hall. Not like Andy who lost half the team in TC every year.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Across the parking lot - Ruben Amaro is asking if his Visa card is maxed out yet as he'd like to buy some more players to try and solve his problems.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
          X