Foles will not be tagged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foles will not be tagged

Doug Pederson Just said on the NFL channel that the Eagles will not tag, Nick Foles.
    Fly EaglesFly!

Originally posted by beagle View Post
    Doug Pederson Just said on the NFL channel that the Eagles will not tag, Nick Foles.
    We really paid a price for keeping him this year in the long run. That's OK though because he was a lot of fun to watch both between and during the past year. As long as we don't draft another "Flea" it won't make a hell of a lot of difference.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I get it. As a FA teams can talk about a more realistic contract vs the franchise tag salary. I bet the offers were far and few between. Now maybe a compensatory pick is in play, right?

Comment

Not surprised because I felt all along that Howie didn't want to see him go to the giants or foreskins. That said, I gotta think Nick knows this & a "Wink,wink, nod nod" deal has been discussed & still see Foles ending up in Jax. Let's face it $25mil to be Wentz's back up is too much.
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

So, if I understand what has been happening BDN bought out his option for the 2 mil and he isn't tagged so he will be a FA. Can the birds not sign him back if he doesn't get something he likes. This may be far fetched but say he gets offered 10 mil as his best offer and it is from the Browns to back up Mayfield or some other stupid ass offer. Can the birds just say we will give you 10 mil to come back here Nick. I know that he would have lost a lot of money by not taking the 25 mil but that cow is out of the barn so maybe the wink wink deal is that the birds told him to go with all this and see what happens but you always have a home here.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            So, if I understand what has been happening BDN bought out his option for the 2 mil and he isn't tagged so he will be a FA. Can the birds not sign him back if he doesn't get something he likes. This may be far fetched but say he gets offered 10 mil as his best offer and it is from the Browns to back up Mayfield or some other stupid ass offer. Can the birds just say we will give you 10 mil to come back here Nick. I know that he would have lost a lot of money by not taking the 25 mil but that cow is out of the barn so maybe the wink wink deal is that the birds told him to go with all this and see what happens but you always have a home here.
            I just think that the locker room isn't big enough for Carson and Nick anymore. The Eagles have to let one go it makes too much sense for Nick not to be a Jaguare this year.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Again no one knows what Nick thinks..... about the Eagles, Money or about his his own personal needs and desires.

Comment

I agree with 60. While it sounds nice that maybe we could still end up with Foles, for Wentz he does not need to listen to the fans and media calling for Foles the first time he throws an interception.
                Fly EaglesFly!

Comment

Les Bowen cites (the usual) unnamed sources as stating that the Jags will probably sign him as soon as free agency opens.
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

The reports that he is going to sign with Jacksonville scream of tampering. Unless of course the Eagles are letting Jacksonville negotiate with him so as he stays away from the Giants.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                    X