Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any interest in trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any interest in trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick?

Dolphins gave him permission to seek a trade but it will likely cost a first rounder next year. He was the 11th pick last spring so a first next year for a top 11 drafted player is a good deal IMO. Especially at a position we want to strengthen. Sounds like Dallas is interested bit not sure how they could pull it off after the Cooper trade.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Absolutely. Cut Sendejo and plug him in as the third safety in big nickel. He can play anywhere so could be our future replacement for McLoed or Jenkins.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Very interested, but not for a first. It would take a while for him to learn the system, and then you control him for 2 years plus likely an expensive 5th year. I would give them 2 and 4, esp bc
      we could recoup the 4 by cutting the straw man. LaGarrett and Vernon say hi.
      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Heck, we could make 3 safeties our base defense. I'm not sure that Howie wants to part with any picks now though. I think that he wants cheap labor.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          Heck, we could make 3 safeties our base defense. I'm not sure that Howie wants to part with any picks now though. I think that he wants cheap labor.
          Fitzpatrick would fit the cheap labor bill since he is in the second year of a rookie contract. The draft picks are the cost of doing business. If we can get him for just a first rounder I do that deal. He is a top 11 pick (the mock I had back then had him ranked as the #2 safety in the draft and a top 15 pick). As a top 11 pick we would end up getting a steal since we will have the 32 pick in the draft next year

In any case we should be picking later than #11 so renting him to Miami for 1 year in exchange for moving up to the 11 spot seems like a great deal to me. Hopefully Howie has the same thought....

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            Fitzpatrick would fit the cheap labor bill since he is in the second year of a rookie contract. The draft picks are the cost of doing business. If we can get him for just a first rounder I do that deal. He is a top 11 pick (the mock I had back then had him ranked as the #2 safety in the draft and a top 15 pick). As a top 11 pick we would end up getting a steal since we will have the 32 pick in the draft next year

In any case we should be picking later than #11 so renting him to Miami for 1 year in exchange for moving up to the 11 spot seems like a great deal to me. Hopefully Howie has the same thought....
            That's a good point Juk! Of course Miami knows that too so they might ask for more and Howie won't go for that. I think at this point they might be valuing lower picks for cheaper contracts anyway. The only problem with that is that Joe isn't around to use them anymore .

Comment

i prefer Minka Kelly, juk.

Comment

This is off the top of my head since this is the first I have heard of this but why would Miami want to part with their first round pick, pick 11 for that matter, for another first round pick that will likely be lower?
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  This is off the top of my head since this is the first I have heard of this but why would Miami want to part with their first round pick, pick 11 for that matter, for another first round pick that will likely be lower?
                  From what I understand it’s because they are tanking and he is not happy about it.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    i prefer Minka Kelly, juk.
                    You’d be playing a very different game with that Minka vin!!

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                      Here is pretty good primer on the reasons they are talking trade and who might be interested. By coincidence they list the Eagles first as a perfect landing spot for him.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/m...dolphins-star/

Comment

Here is pretty good primer on the reasons they are talking trade and who might be interested. By coincidence they list the Eagles first as a perfect landing spot for him.

Schwartz said in his presser that the dbs have to give the dl a little time to get to the qb. In other words the dbs sucked last Sunday because the Eagles were mentioned very high for qp pressures by PFF against Washington (they were in the 5-7 range).

Maybe Howie is waiting to see how much Spence helps this weekend before he spends anymore money? As for Fitzie why not unless their software says no?

Comment

Very interested in Minkah for a 1st rder and maybe a 6th or 7th. The Guy can play all 3 DB Spots & would Greatly improve that Secondary. I think waits until after Tonights Game to evaluate the DB's, the Starters are Solid but Zendejo looks shaky to me. Minkah & that Contract are worth it.
                          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Okay. Not sure that changes my mind at all. What it tells me that it includes a first round pick not that they will trade him for a first. If Miami trades their #11 from last year for a future pick that is sure to be lower than an 11 next year they should have their franchise taken from them. Now a first and third from a team like Philly or a first and a player or a first and a couple of low picks and I listen if I am Miami.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Kinda depends on how they felt about him coming out and how they feel about his skill set now. He has taken away the questions of being able to play with the big boys and you would be giving up a late first rounder for an early pick. Also gotta know what the depth of this draft looks like. You might have one whale of a pick with far less risk than taking a shot in the draft. Howie has more than likely already thrown his hat in the ring if in fact they are interested .
                              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                              X