Need some help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help!!

I've got a meeting Tuesday, May 22, at Philadelphia's Lankenau Hospital. I'm meeting with about 8-10 doctors and nurses for a luncheon presentation.

I have ZERO idea of what to have brought in for food. Keep in mind, some of these doctors are Indian and thus vegetarians. And most of them are health-conscious.... suckers.

Anyway, I have a budget of up to 200 to 250 bucks but I need something that serves a variety of lunch fare and can deliver to the hospital so I don't have to bring it in because I have enough to worry about on Tuesday.

Thanks for any help.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Some clarification.

I have called the hospital and they were of no help. And, I'm looking for a specific restaraunt in and around the Wynnewood area that would deliver a lunch to the hospital.

I posted this on the other board and of course like most things over there it went downhill pretty fast.

The replys I got were: california rolls, baked ziti, pig roast.
    Thank God I finally made the move over here.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

what about carlino's in ardmore? my bil lives there and they rave about the place, i know they do a lot of catering.

here's the Web site. their carry-out trays look really good (i saw one vegetarian tray as well):

http://www.carlinosmarket.com/
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Sorry, not in the area, can't help much.

How about contacting "One Jake" he owns a restaurant?

Comment

Are there any decent Indian places out near Ardmore? Those places usually love to cater and can usually put together a good spread of tandoori grilled meats (which any red-blooded American should find agreeable as barbecue), fried things, and vegetarian curries for the people who practice.

We have lunch ordered every day for our company here (a startup of about 40 people), and the Indian place near the waterfront in Jersey City is one of our rotating places -- we do a $250 order that covers us fine.

Definitely worth checking out, and I tihnk the stuff translates better in catering than greasy cheese-n-pasta stuff.

Comment

Living in the city, I do not have much knowledge about Ardmore, but below is a Google Maps search I did on food catering in Ardmore, PA.

They are dynamically generated, so I cannot give you a link to the results, but click on the link below and follow the outlined process.

http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=wl&ie=UTF-8

Click on the find a business tab
            Type in whatever keyword you think appropriate
            Type in location either "Ardmore, PA" or the zip code

Peruse the results and call some places...Carlino's by the way comes up 2nd in the search I did. That usually means they are a strong player in catering in that locale and probably do well at it. Good luck.
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

thanks guys. i was looking at michaels deli in king of prussia area but that might be too far away

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters
                thanks guys. i was looking at michaels deli in king of prussia area but that might be too far away

Carlino's is about two miles from the hospital and they do deliver.
                Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

oh and i will be in philly tuesday and wednesday nights next week so if anybody has a strip club, massage parlor or bingo game they haven't been to in a while let me know. i'll be sitting in the fairfield at the airport watching pay per view

Comment

Working...
                  X