• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, an athlete that gets it!

Greg Hardy 'would love' franchise tag from Panthers

Jan
    1/2/2014 10:48:45 AM

Defensive end Greg Hardy isn't opposed to having the franchise tag placed on him if that's what it takes to remain with the Carolina Panthers after this season, David Newton of ESPN.com reports.

"I would love a franchise, man,'' Hardy said Wednesday. "Add another year on my career. Get to play football a little bit longer without a contract. Another year to be in Carolina just to get them a chance to get their fiscal responsibilities in order so we can be here forever, like Steve [Smith] and a lot of other guys.''

The tag price for a defensive end in 2014 should be a slight increase over this season's $11,170,000. Hardy, a sixth-round pick out of Ole Miss in 2010, is making $1.35 million in the final year of his rookie deal.

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and the team began talking about an extension before the season after Hardy had 11 sacks in 2012. Nothing got done. Hardy's value has increased the past few weeks after being named to his first Pro Bowl and tying the franchise season record with 15 sacks, including seven the past two weeks.

Hardy has made it clear he wants to remain in Carolina and is willing to take less (within reason) from the Panthers than what other teams might offer. The free-agent signing period begins March 11.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Yes, he gets it! His agent is Drew Rosenhaus!
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
      Yes, he gets it! His agent is Drew Rosenhaus!
      Stock, I even think that Rosenhaus is starting to get it. Didn't Shady fire him because Rosey told him to take the Eagles deal a couple of years ago? And didn't he do DJ's deal too?

Comment

Well, if Hardy fires Rosenhaus, then he gets it!
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
          Well, if Hardy fires Rosenhaus, then he gets it!
          If he does, he'll just get another slime ball. Maybe some "real professional" guy like Scot Boris.

Comment

In a related story the Bears just screwed the entire league by paying an average NFL QB 17 million a year. What a bunch of morons.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I almost choked when I saw it. Avg QB with Romoesque chokability.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Unfortunately that is the going rate for good but not great QBs
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Cutler lays the egg vs Philly then gets $18M/year. Nice.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Working...
                  X