Curious - little OT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curious - little OT.

Anybody here have any problems with what Mark Cuban had to say?

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Anybody here have any problems with what Mark Cuban had to say?
    About what? He says a lot.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Nope, I agree with it:

"If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it's late at night, I'm walking to the other side of the street," he said. "And if on that side of the street, there's a guy that has tattoos all over his face -- white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere -- I'm walking back to the other side of the street."
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

The fact that he was honest enough to say that he thinks everyone has some level of bigotry in them should be applauded, not criticized IMO. He admitted that he harbors some level of bigotry and I feel that anyone who claims that they have none is either lying or in denial. The key is to recognize the problem and deal with it so that it doesn't control you. Denying it or pretending it doesn't exist is only going to make the problem worse. I do think we are in a serious state of over-correction and it will eventually lead us to a point where people stop caring completely about it.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
          Nope, I agree with it:

"If I see a black kid in a hoodie and it's late at night, I'm walking to the other side of the street," he said. "And if on that side of the street, there's a guy that has tattoos all over his face -- white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere -- I'm walking back to the other side of the street."
          At that point I'm probably turning around and getting out of Dodge. What did he actually say and in what was it n reference to?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            At that point I'm probably turning around and getting out of Dodge. What did he actually say and in what was it n reference to?

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/na...f28d89609.html
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

If you watch the whole piece, you will see that he is essentially saying that all of us have some level of bigotry, and neither he nor anyone should prop themselves up as being without any sort of bias.

He's right.

Of course, there are different levels, and levels of active and in-active racism. But it exists for probably all but Jesus. Anyone who claims that they aren't racist.....I always have to re-evaluate(or perhaps THEY should?)
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Cuban says a lot of stuff and I always thought that he was a jerk until I started watching Shark Tank. Now I think he's a pretty down to earth guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                  The fact that he was honest enough to say that he thinks everyone has some level of bigotry in them should be applauded, not criticized IMO. He admitted that he harbors some level of bigotry and I feel that anyone who claims that they have none is either lying or in denial. The key is to recognize the problem and deal with it so that it doesn't control you. Denying it or pretending it doesn't exist is only going to make the problem worse. I do think we are in a serious state of over-correction and it will eventually lead us to a point where people stop caring completely about it.
                  Great post!
                  "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Tempest in a teapot. He was just being honest. There's also a difference between being full blown racist and honest and what he said. We all harbor some fear of things that are different. To say otherwise is dishonest.

Comment

Hey, we all size up situations. It's called being street smart (and not being naïve).

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                        Jukin,

You're really starting to piss me off! Why do you insist on writing things that reflect sound insight and common sense? Is this the same fiendish scheme you employ when attempting to rustle nubile young women from my stable?

But seriously...
                        I'm always very favorably impressed by the fellow who volunteers that he personally is free of racial and ethnic bias and that racism itself is really no longer an issue in this country... and then goes on to point out that 'we' wouldn't have to spend so much time worrying about all this 'racism shit' if only the 'niggers and spics' would go back where they came from.

Exploring further, most such people turn out to be either Borderline Retarded or Dallas fans...which I suppose is really the same thing.

Comment

Honesty! What a concept!!
                          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Basically he said what anyone else who isn't a moron thinks: if a person looks threatening, we cross to the other side of the street, regardless of race. But idiots in the media only focus on the first part of the statement.

I'd rather be cautious and safe than not prejudicial and dead.

I don't like driving through bad sections of philly. Does that make me a racist? No, that just makes me smart.

Comment

Mr. Cuban speaks honestly and is correct in his assertion that no human is above the level of prejudice. It is human nature, influenced by multiple external factors. Perhaps some may have minimal degrees of it, but IMO all have some degree of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X