Off season is here....(ot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off season is here....(ot)

Well since the board is slow just thought I would throw something out there to chat about...

What are your plans for the rest of winter? Spring/Summer? Vacations? Kids stuff? Work?

For me just the regular family stuff I guess....Two young boys keep me and the wife busy. Right now basketball, then baseball which leads into football for the oldest. Year around sports with them pretty much..busy, but a fun time.

Work gets busy for me in April through September, so alot of long days there. I keep active playing hoops a couple times a week...then softball from April to October, alot of traveling on weeknds with that to tournys.

Wife planning a little vacation for us down along the coast of the Carolinas somewhere.

Like alot of you, I watch the Phils. And of course keep up to date with the Birds and the combine, FA, schedule, draft, mini camps etc....

I guess it's personal stuff so if you dont respond, that's cool. Just thought I would try and get some conversation going since it's kinda dead here.
    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Big 30th birthday bash in April.

Going up in late April / early May to retrieve my motorcycle from outside Buffalo and take a long slow trip through the 1000 Islands to Montreal, and back to NYC via the Adirondacks.

Hoping I get my bonus/raise soon so I can get on a better budget and maybe get a 21st century TV to upgrade my ancient 25" CRT I got from a bar for $20.

Comment

I will be watching the Flyer's playoff run.........

Comment

All my seasons are off seasons.... LMAO!.

How about discussing the possibility of having a Training Camp meet up?

Comment

...Mulling subscription to the NFL Network in anticipation of the Combine and Draft.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
            ...Mulling subscription to the NFL Network in anticipation of the Combine and Draft.
            TP - where is it an "add-on" for you? Is it some part of a cable sports or dish package? Reason I ask is that it's standard for Comcast's Digital Cable package so I'm just curious. The combine coverage is fantastic on the NFL Network.

Comment

What are the big off season dates?
              The combine is the week of the 21st I believe; Draft of course 4/28. I assume FA starts 3/1 but I don't know if the new CBA has any changes to FA dates. Any ideas about the dates for offers to RFAs, mini camps, putting dates to teams for next years schedule?

As with every year I am in the "Phils will win the WS this year" mode right now. Hopefully, it pans out.
              But these days are filled with beer, BBQ, and ice fishing. On a side note I am looking forward to a trip back for my younger brothers wedding in April.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                Originally posted by ThoughtProcess
                TP - where is it an "add-on" for you? Is it some part of a cable sports or dish package? Reason I ask is that it's standard for Comcast's Digital Cable package so I'm just curious. The combine coverage is fantastic on the NFL Network.
                No, it's part of a package. I haven't done any further research on it yet. Just thinking about it.

Comment

The combine on NFL network is cool at first.....then they start showing it, over and over and over. Seems like that's all they show for about a month.

But hey, it's football, so who's complainin...
                  Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

You may have noticed that I havn't been around as much recently. This is the time of year that my business really gears up, and I am extra busy. So it works out well, as this is the dull-dead time for football talk.

As for plans..not much really. Work...have a friend that is coming to visist at the end of April, so I'll take a few days off to play. Mom MAY come vist at teh end of March. I cancelled my annual trip to Cayman for this year, I'm just gonna party in-state. The wife wants a boob job and she's saving cash. Yada yada yada....
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Busy listing and selling homes here in The Villages FL. I thank God each day we were spared in our recent tornado and then go out and play a round of golf to calm myself down. LOL. I already have tickets to go to the Phils/Pirates game on March 19 in Clearwater (FYI that's a great new stadium). Otherwise, I have recovered from my stroke in June and have trained hard and gotten myself back up to doing 3 sets of 10 reps at 225 in the Bench Press as I try to get back into competitive shape. Lift some heavy weights and whack that little ball. That's my off-season.

Comment

Working...
                      X