Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ian Scott signs one-year deal

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/200 ... Scott.html
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Nice!
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

so the DT's have got to be Bunkley, Patterson, Reagor, Scott, Ramsey, no? with jeremy clark maybe on the PS.

Rayburn is trade bait right now. can they get anything for him?
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
        so the DT's have got to be Bunkley, Patterson, Reagor, Scott, Ramsey, no? with jeremy clark maybe on the PS.

Rayburn is trade bait right now. can they get anything for him?
        Doubtful.
        Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Brief research on the net says this:

If you have speedy upfield ends who can keep RB's between the tackles - Ian Scott is a monster in clogging the middle against the run.

He has zero pass rush ability.

He has zero lateral quickness.

He is terrific at stuffing the run between the hashes.
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
            Brief research on the net says this:

If you have speedy upfield ends who can keep RB's between the tackles - Ian Scott is a monster in clogging the middle against the run.

He has zero pass rush ability.

He has zero lateral quickness.

He is terrific at stuffing the run between the hashes.
            So a younger Hollis?

Comment

Just not as pleasantly plump and without the Steroids!
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

he's a definite upgrade over rayburn and gives JJ a decent run-stopping option he lacked last year without hollis.

run-stuffing is never going to be JJ's biggest priority (listen to him hem and haw about it on the interview with him at the Eagle Web site), but he needs to have someone he can turn to when teams start pounding away.

i like the size and quickness of the LB corps. with a better group of tackles and a healthy set of ends, this defense should be pretty solid.

quite a makeover on the front 7 -- reagor, scott, abiriami, bradley, spikes in. jones and walker and probably rayburn and mcdougle out.

Comment

This answers one of my 3 big questions in the offseason. Solid underrated guy to rotate in and keep Bunkley and Patterson fresh as they develop further in the NFL, much like Raegor earlire this offseason.

And I keep hearing the Keyshawn rumors which would help my WR question, but damn I don't want it. I hate that fucking guy.

Comment

I do not get it either, 2nd & Arch...I think people just want a name at WR...

I want Baskett and Avant to develop and believe Brown, Curtis and Baskett/Lewis are fine as the top 3 IMO...
                    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

This also gives us some more youth on the DL. Scott doesn't turn 26 until November. I'm sold on the DL at this point.

I'm torn on Keyshawn. For those of us who dislike the antics of Mr. Bowtie (although we put up with O.D.'s for the longest time), Keyshawn still does a lot of theatrics. I gotta think Keyshawn is not the greatest of clubhouse guys based on his travels but to think he doesn't have anything left in the tank is inaccurate. He caught 70 balls from Jake Delhomme last year so he still has game left. When it comes down to it though - I think I'd pass.

VFK - take Lewis' name out of the "top 3" comment and I'm OK with it!

Comment

"quite a makeover on the front 7 -- reagor, scott, abiriami, bradley, spikes in. jones and walker and probably rayburn and mcdougle out. "

- Yep. The Birds get criticized a ton for being stubborn. I disagree. They knew that Pinkston and Thrash were just pathetic and they moved on TO. They knew that they had no pass rush and they went and got Kearse.

They knew at the end of this year that their LB's and DT's were downright pathetic. And the LB's and DT's that weren't pathetic were worn out to nothing because of pulling the weight of the pathetic players. (Trotter, Patterson etc.)

This overhaul has been somewhat quiet but an overhaul none the less and to be honest - very exciting. Freaking TKO with Montae Reagor as nice new Vets and throw in Gocong (essentially a rookie) and Bunkley to the mix? Nice.
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Scott was a guy who I wanted when Free Agency started SO I LOVE THE MOVE. Screw what the Patriots are doing, this team is doing some things that the rest of the NFL should stand up and take notice on.

1. There biggest problem was stopping the run last year on defense. So they sign Scott plugging run stuffing tackle, they get Spikes who excels at both stopping the run and the pass, they draft Bradley who was excellent against the run in college and team him with GoCong who has the speed and ability to play the pass. They are trying to shock Trotter into losing some weigh to regain his lateral movement if not they are going to go with Gaither who has the movement. They drafted a bigger end in Abiamiri who was an excellent run stuffer in college with pass rush ability.

2. Biggest problem on offense last year was converting third and short. Enter Tony Hunt, Iloa and Kevin Curtis who is very good at finding seems and catching the ball.

3. Special teams were not good last year. So they get Johnson to add to the return game, they bring in a punter to compete with Dirk and they have a slew of young fast players to run out there on teams

The only other area where I would like to see this team address is depth at corner. I think they will AND I think they are going to go get Keyshawn also (just a hunch)
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz
                            Scott was a guy who I wanted when Free Agency started SO I LOVE THE MOVE. Screw what the Patriots are doing, this team is doing some things that the rest of the NFL should stand up and take notice on.

1. There biggest problem was stopping the run last year on defense. So they sign Scott plugging run stuffing tackle, they get Spikes who excels at both stopping the run and the pass, they draft Bradley who was excellent against the run in college and team him with GoCong who has the speed and ability to play the pass. They are trying to shock Trotter into losing some weigh to regain his lateral movement if not they are going to go with Gaither who has the movement. They drafted a bigger end in Abiamiri who was an excellent run stuffer in college with pass rush ability.

2. Biggest problem on offense last year was converting third and short. Enter Tony Hunt, Iloa and Kevin Curtis who is very good at finding seems and catching the ball.

3. Special teams were not good last year. So they get Johnson to add to the return game, they bring in a punter to compete with Dirk and they have a slew of young fast players to run out there on teams

The only other area where I would like to see this team address is depth at corner. I think they will AND I think they are going to go get Keyshawn also (just a hunch)
                            Couldn't agree with you more Taz. IMHO, this is the best depth down the line position by position I have EVER seen them have. Camp should be a blast.

Comment

Damn, camp is gonna be fun this year......... This team has quielty gone about getting better and better deeper.

Comment

Working...
                              X