Carson showing great leadership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carson showing great leadership

Carson Wentz will work out and bond with Alshon Jeffery and other Eagles players in North Dakota

Eagles staying hard at work.

by Brandon Lee Gowton@BrandonGowton Jun 16, 2017, 7:52am EDT

With minicamp now over, Eagles players won’t have to report back to Philadelphia until late July. Players will have over a month to go home, rest, and get geared up for the grind of the 2017 NFL season.

The break won’t just be all rest and relaxation, however. Led by Carson Wentz, a number of Eagles players are getting together for a passing camp/bonding session in North Dakota this summer.

Players expected to be in attendance include, Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Jordan Matthews, Zach Ertz, and Trey Burton, according to NJ.com. Other Eagles players might be there as well.

These kind of passing camps are nothing new. Donovan McNabb used to host his wide receivers out in Arizona. Sam Bradford organized some workouts in California last offseason. Of course, North Dakota is just a little bit different than the West Coast.

It’s always nice to see Eagles players putting in extra work to get ready for the upcoming season. The fact that Jeffery and Smith will be in attendance could be especially helpful for Wentz as he tries to build chemistry with his new receiving targets.

It’s also nice to see Wentz stepping up and taking a leadership role. Doug Pederson praised the young quarterback for his effort in this regard.

I think it's huge. I think it's big. I think it just shows the leadership that Carson has and the rapport he has with the receivers and the confidence that he has in those guys.

It’s something that's exciting as a coach to know your guys are getting together in these next couple weeks and working on their craft. It means something to them, it's important to them, and that's exciting for me.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

What? Marcus Smith didn't volunteer to go?

Comment

Working...
    X