victorino, ruiz & howard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• victorino, ruiz & howard

needs to sit for at least a game. let taguchi get a start or two and let shane-o get his head straight.

i know ruiz had an rbi when the game was still close, but coste is a better hitter and as good of a fielder and pitchers have said they like when he calls the game. i don't know what coste did to ownership or gillick, but he constantly gets screwed. let the guy play more often.

i have no idea what to do with howard as they desperately need him to be in the meat of the line-up. however, i think burrell should be moved to the 4 spot for the time being. burrell is hitting very well and it will break up the two lefties in a row. the longer howard goes on playing like this, the more foolish he looks for asking for a-rod type money. i know it's a slump, but he did not play well enough last season to warrant that type of money, and he sure as hell has been abysmal this season -- 13 Ks in 9 games, yikes.

Re: victorino, ruiz & howard

problem with sitting Victorino is So Taguchi is a terrible player.

howard will heat up.

i like ruiz. he works very hard at his game and i think he's improving all the time.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

I'm ok if they give Victorino a game off. But Ruiz and Feliz are hurting this team just as much.

I'd like to see Coste get more games. Can't be worse, and as you point out, could be better.

Howard is having another slow start (which is killing my fantasy team), but he will break out of this. It's just a matter of time. But a day off would probably be a good thing.
      www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
        problem with sitting Victorino is So Taguchi is a terrible player.

howard will heat up.

i like ruiz. he works very hard at his game and i think he's improving all the time.
        taguchi is terrible? i haven't really seen enough of him to make that distinction, but he is a career .283 hitter and has speed on the bags. do you mean that he is a terrible fielder because i haven't heard that about him.

i'm sure howard will heat up, but in the meantime something needs to be done because his hole in the lineup is certainly killing this team.

i'm not sure at what ruiz is improving, but it sure as heck ain't his hitting. as i stated above, there is no reason coste shouldn't be starting at least 2, if not 3 games a week.

Comment

taguchi is 38 and his numbers have declined in the last two years (they were never that great to begin with -- this is a guy with a career OPS of .727). he is strictly a pinch-hitter and pinch-runner at this point in his career.

frankly, i'd rather have snelling on the club. actually, i'd prefer both -- manuel seems to always be short a bench player late in the game.

i'm OK with giving Coste a start or two a week, but Ruiz posted slightly better than league average offense last year. by all accounts, he works extremely hard at his game and his offense should improve. plus, the Latino guys generally don't hit well in cold weather.
          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

LT, by declined, do you mean hitting .290? i'm not advocating So to start the remainder of the season, i'm just saying give him a couple of starts to give Shane the time to get his brain in working order.

ps. it's not like shane's OPS is anything to brag about -- career .727 with last year at .770.

Comment

oh yeah, is .259 avg with .735 OPS above average? because those are Ruiz's #s from last year. and he sure has not shown one bit of improvement over the last 3 years. he's 29 years old, so i don't see him turning into anything special at this point in his career.

coste, on the other hand, is a decent hitter with some power.

Comment

Victorino is a concern. Suprisingly.

Ruiz is what he is. He'll put up a .260 and 15-20 homer year I think.

Howard is going to get hot - when he does it will carry the team for a month. So no worries there...
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I'd like to see Coste get a chance---if for no other reason than he is a North Dakota product. But he seems to produce when asked and Ruiz does little for me.
                  I wonder if Victorino is feeling pressure and trying to hard. I wouldn't think it bad for him to sit a day or two and then trot him back out there.
                  I think Howard has to be allowed to (and will) work through it. Guys have their stretches and someone else has to step up (which Burrell has done) until Howard heats up.

Seems like April always sucks for the Phils; although that fielding display last night was simply uncalled for. It happens over the course of a year.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by betty
                    LT, by declined, do you mean hitting .290? i'm not advocating So to start the remainder of the season, i'm just saying give him a couple of starts to give Shane the time to get his brain in working order.

ps. it's not like shane's OPS is anything to brag about -- career .727 with last year at .770.
                    i overspoke calling him terrible. he's OK, i just didnt like the signing at the time and worried that the phils brass would use him too much. to me, at this stage of his career, he's strictly a pinch-hitter, pinch-runner, occasional fill-in. useful that he can play all three OF spots. but i don't want to see him getting a start or two a week in CF.

Comment

Working...
                    X