Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A thought to brighten your day (for those of you from the Philly.com forum days)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thought to brighten your day (for those of you from the Philly.com forum days)

I was just thinking the other day about when and how I got into sports forums; it was back in 2000 not too long after I started my job in Harrisburg that I started posting on philly.com forums. I know some of you go back that far (or further) too. Well, I was thinking about that troll poster "Division Champions". Some of you remember him - he was a delusional Redskins fan (are there any other types of Redskins fans?) who liked to talk smack. The thing I was thinking about that is funny is how "Division Champions" came up with his moniker after the Redskins' 1999 NFC East title, the team's first in 8 years. If we were still on philly.com, I think he would have had to change his name...

NFC East titles since 2000:
    Eagles: 6 - 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2010
    Giants: 3 - 2000, 2005, 2008
    Cowboys: 2 - 2007, 2009
    Redskins - 0

As inept as the Eagles are this year, one thing I'll be thankful for is they aren't the Washington Redskins, a joke franchise since 1993 (5 winning seasons, 3 playoff seasons, 1 division title, 2 playoff wins, 1 home playoff game). "Division Champions" indeed.
    Last edited by CHIP72; 12-05-2011, 09:52 PM.

Great stuff Chip. I live in Silver Spring now , and hopes were high this year that Grossman and Beck would run Kyle Shanahan's offense efficiently and they'd improve on last year's record. It's been funny to see them realize that Beck's not the real deal, Rex Grossman is still Rex Grossman, etc
    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Trent Williams (Last year's 1st round pick) and Fred Davis both lost for the rest of the season for failing drug tests! What losers!
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Hey I remember that guy! What an arrogant ass wipe! It's fans like him that make me enjoy watching the deadskins lose year after year after year.....
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

I remember him. Total asshole.

Comment

To quote another delusional Redskins poster, it's a "mute point" now.
            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

My first ever internet name was Big "Philly" Style back in 1996 on CNN SPORTS Eagles message board.

Then Philly.com - then Philaphans - then EFO. Something like that.

I'm graduated from Will Smith to now just BIGPHILLY. LOL.
              Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
              Playoff Appearances:
              NFC Title Games:
              Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

This is a nice philly.com roll-call. I remember those days! That screen layout was dopey-fly.

Comment

you thinking the tan network tree style?
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I was on Philly.com. Started in 1998 I think.

Remember when DuceStraedler22 (sp?) organized the stadium rally.

I really miss JRJ.

Who was the Jacksonville fan that was a total idiot? Bisons something.

I have to admit, I kind of miss Budman.

BIGGIE, you'll have to start your game predictions again next year. I loved that feeling of just knowing that we were going to win most weeks.
                    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I'm still looking for the guy wanting to fight under the Walt Whitman-- Bill from Pennsauken or Tony Franklin
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Whatever happened to JRJ? I liked reading his stuff.
                        I don't remember that Redskin guy, but I do remember a Giant fan, in fact, I think that was his name--GiantFan. He was an OK guy too, for a Giant fan, ha ha....

Comment

I remember Bison. He was only slightly dumber than a box of rocks.

Comment

I lived in Quito in 1998 and that Philly.com board was the only way I could get Eagles news. The team was so bad that the few online media sources of the time barely covered them. Then I moved back to the states (NYC) and bought season tickets for Andy Reid's first season in 1999. $250 for the season in the 700 level at the Vet.
                            Anyway that Philly.com board definitely has some wackos. That's why Jeff Lamana started Philaphans.
                            Long Live Section 736

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                              I remember Bison. He was only slightly dumber than a box of rocks.
                              Dude used to play rounds of "GOLD" at TPC.

Comment

Working...
                              X