Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick on the Dan Patrick Show

I like listening to the kid, he has his shit together
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

He's growing up fast.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Thanks for sharing that mm. Foles has definitely gotten his head on straight. Nice to hear him talk about what it's like to be in the NFL and some of the other players and not have to deal with a massive ego. Dan Patrick did a nice job with the interview as well.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

He's another Albert Haynesworth.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          Dan Patrick did a nice job with the interview as well.
          Not a surprise.

Patrick is one of the few sports guys I listen to/watch. He is not devoid of ego, but he's quite comfortable with having his balls broken by his junior 'partners'...the Danettes. His self-effacing humor is a breath of fresh air in a field filled with pompous assholes. He seems like a genuinely nice guy. He sometimes voices strong opinions but rarely, if ever, sensationalizes issues.

His 'decent, informed guy' approach has paid off as he's now getting top flight gigs on a regular basis in addition to his regular radio/TV shows.

Comment

I really like Foles as a "guy". Seems smart, diligent, great attitude, etc, but.....man, it's just hard to completely buy in on this guy. I mean, I guess that I am jaded from so many many years of watching great athletes playing behind center for us, not just as runners, but with all-world arms.

And now this goofy Napolean Dynamite character comes along with a marginal arm and what we can at best refer to as "funtional mobility", and I am supposed to believe that he is the answer we have been looking for all along?

Tough, but I'm trying....

Comment

You're pretty tough on him fresh. He's more Jaworski than McNabb but he is definitely a great athlete. I can't see his arm being called marginal. He threw some balls that were absolutely put in a perfect position. He also has to be given more credit than 'functional mobility'. He may not have 40 yard runs but he had games where his legs made a difference.
              It has only been one year and we all have seen the Kolb and Feeley flash and die but I think Foles has more than them.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Ok, so combine numbers:

Foles- 5.03
                Manning- 4.80
                Brady- 5.28

I will tell you right now that Brady's number pushed him into the seventh round. And that was at their respective combines. Which means, Manning and his neck are not even close to this.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                  You're pretty tough on him fresh. He's more Jaworski than McNabb but he is definitely a great athlete. I can't see his arm being called marginal. He threw some balls that were absolutely put in a perfect position. He also has to be given more credit than 'functional mobility'. He may not have 40 yard runs but he had games where his legs made a difference.
                  It has only been one year and we all have seen the Kolb and Feeley flash and die but I think Foles has more than them.
                  IMO Nick gets a bad rap for his arm strength because he throws everything with an amount of touch, including the deep ball. IMO if Nick needs to throw a bullet through a keyhole he can do it. Nick flat out puts the ball in the right location with the amount of touch needed . We had a QB who could throw a 70 yard dart and nothing with touch and not get past #2 in his read progression and could run 70 yards, my choice would be the guy who can make most of the throws, most of the time, find receiver option #5 and run 10-15 yards if needed. Nick has me excited about the future.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Someone far smarter than me should look at arm strength, accuracy and the catchability of the ball being thrown and come up with some ratio for effectiveness. 90 mile an hour fast balls get dropped - alot. McNabb had great arm strength and killed many worms with his bullets. Throwing a catchable ball and making sure the receiver can run after the catch is the priority. I think the difference between good and great quarterbacks is not their athletic ability, but he thinkability (if that is a word). The great ones are much more cerebral and simply know where the ball should go as opposed to forcing the ball were it shouldn't. We will see on Nick.

Comment

Im not arguing. Im hopeful. It just changes how you assess the position and its harder to be impressed by "intangibles". Im used to "measurables". Nick has one good measurable and that is his size.....always an issue with Vick. If we were measuring their brains, i suspect Nicky would win that one as well.

Comment

I don't see how we can win 10 games again next year. It's not like we play NE's schedule.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

We dont have to. We just have to improve, win our pathetic division again and get in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                            We dont have to. We just have to improve, win our pathetic division again and get in the tournament.
                            Exactly. it's about getting to the next round. And as long as the Cowboys and Redskins remain dysfunctional, it works for me. Its the Giants ability to suck for a season or two and then win the Superbowl out of nowhere that bothers me. They've done that twice now.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                              Exactly. it's about getting to the next round. And as long as the Cowboys and Redskins remain dysfunctional, it works for me. Its the Giants ability to suck for a season or two and then win the Superbowl out of nowhere that bothers me. They've done that twice now.
                              Well, we didn't exactly blow away the Cowboys this year did we? We got manhandled the first game and won a last minute job against their backup QB in game 2.
                              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                              X