"I don't know Mathew Whitaker" DJT 11/9/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I don't know Mathew Whitaker" DJT 11/9/18

"But just last month, Trump said precisely the opposite, when he spoke to Fox & Friends on Oct. 11. "I can tell you, Matt Whitaker's a great guy," he said. "I mean, I know Matt Whitaker." Trump during this same interview denied that there were behind-the-scenes discussions about replacing Sessions with Whitaker, something that would end up taking place less than a month after the interview "

https://theweek.com/speedreads/80696...-matt-whitaker

I know it's expecting a lot to ask the President to actually tell the truth occasionally. And really, why should he? Many of his supporters state flatly that they don't care if he lies. And it's not really an important job that is in question...only Acting Attorney General of the United States.

And old Matt has been totally even handed and non-partisan in his comments about the Mueller investigation, so it can't be that Trump believes Matt would carry water for him.

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
    "But just last month, Trump said precisely the opposite, when he spoke to Fox & Friends on Oct. 11. "I can tell you, Matt Whitaker's a great guy," he said. "I mean, I know Matt Whitaker." Trump during this same interview denied that there were behind-the-scenes discussions about replacing Sessions with Whitaker, something that would end up taking place less than a month after the interview "

https://theweek.com/speedreads/80696...-matt-whitaker

I know it's expecting a lot to ask the President to actually tell the truth occasionally. And really, why should he? Many of his supporters state flatly that they don't care if he lies. And it's not really an important job that is in question...only Acting Attorney General of the United States.

And old Matt has been totally even handed and non-partisan in his comments about the Mueller investigation, so it can't be that Trump believes Matt would carry water for him.
    I'd like to meet one, JUST ONE of these mofos that speaks the truth. What a cesspool Washington is. But wait, we go around bombing anybody who doesn't want to have our democracy or live the way we do. What a joke.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He protesteth too much I agree Tino. That said, I’ve thought the Russia thing was a distraction and a farce from the get go. I hope it’s over soon so we can get back to hating each other for normal reasons.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

LOL-- again all the worry over drama and "OMG, what the Prez said" -- just too much. Let's forget the economy, unemployment, the pending immigration, the Billions being spent on a Russian attack(when we can just go to Florida to see real election attacks), ... nah let's worry more about, what an"acting AG said when he was a TV goon" or lets protest the firing of Mueller (oh wait, that hasn't happened and nobody threatened it or said it will happen, but lets get those protesters out there)--- no let's just worry about what Trump sez never mind how well the country is doing ---- just to much.

Comment

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
          There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!
          12:08 AM - 10 Nov 2018

Seriously, what kind of person sends a message like this in the face of an epic tragedy with many known dead, hundreds missing and hundreds, if not thousands, of fire fighters risking their lives?

He just keeps lowering the bar for creepiness.

And as is so often the case, Trump is markedly ignorant of the facts surrounding these mostly 'wildland urban interface fires' that have little or nothing to do with "forest management", which BTW in Calif falls mainly under Federal authority. Or possibly he is familiar with the facts and blithely ignores them and just blatantly lies once again. And for what possible purpose? To score some cheap vengeance points against 'Blue State' California?

In his defense, perhaps he was bored and had time to kill Saturday morning, what with the rain having forced him to cancel his participation in the commemoration of the US Soldiers and Marines who are interred at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery in Belleau, France.
          Last edited by tinopuno; 11-12-2018, 09:27 PM.

Comment

TP... I agree it’s the wrong time.

But the message is actually spot on.

California’s wild fire problems are made far worse by an unwillingness to manage grass land and forest areas properly. Let the experts manage the situation before the fire even starts and get rid of the undergrowth that is the fuel. That’s a lot of the problem. That said yes he is an idiot and now is not the time.

He can’t seem to understand if he’d just shut up and let his critics go that eventually they’d tie themselves into logical knots.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              TP... I agree it’s the wrong time.

But the message is actually spot on.

California’s wild fire problems are made far worse by an unwillingness to manage grass land and forest areas properly. Let the experts manage the situation before the fire even starts and get rid of the undergrowth that is the fuel. That’s a lot of the problem. That said yes he is an idiot and now is not the time.

He can’t seem to understand if he’d just shut up and let his critics go that eventually they’d tie themselves into logical knots.

AW,
              May I suggest the causative factors in such massively destructive wildfires include but go well beyond simple 'unwillingness' to properly manage natural fuels. The issues involved Wildland Urban Interface(WUI), particularly as they pertain to wildfires, are complicated and dynamic. The interplay between: historic predisposition of such areas to burning simply as a course of nature; exploding residential growth into previously uninhabited grasslands, shrub lands, forests and other natural areas; jurisdictional responsibility for land management and fire control; terrain that is often rugged and difficult to access; the personal rights of often powerful land/homeowners; and changing climactic conditions make preventing these wildfires essentially impossible. The objective then is to control/minimize the destruction these wildfires wreak. (The entire subject actually makes for some interesting reading.)

The problem of WUI wildfires is certainly not exclusive to California but because of the climate, terrain, and the hundreds of thousands of people who live in WUI areas, at least in the USA such problems are most pronounced there.

Donald Trump has been inclined to "shoot from the hip" with inflammatory accusations, often with little or no regard to the factual basis of his utterances, since he first came into public view 40 plus years ago. While it was at times pretty destructive, or at least painful to the target, such attacks did not have the impact that they do now coming from the President of the United States.

Some find his often deceitful attacks entertaining and attractive at best and irrelevant at worst. I do not. Public speech by powerful figures has consequences. Public attacks should be used very sparingly and only with very good cause. When his public attacks are baseless or needlessly callous and mean spirited, they merit public rebuke.

Comment

Personally I'd like to give that friekin state back to Mexico.

Comment

tino, I agree there are many factors that lead to the problems in CA. So much so that saying they don't control the grasslands, etc is far too simplistic. But in my mind it is a substantial issue. This wanting to live in the middle of nature and not control the nature is silly. I don't care if you want to live in the pristine. Too many human factors from living there can be the impetus for fire (vehicles, electric, etc); not counting nature's factors (lightening, etc).
                  Of course let a controlled burn get out of hand and burn a neighborhood and you will hear high hell.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Careful 60, there are a lot of people in the country that would give your area back to the Indians if given a chance.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

TP
                      Totally agree that’s not only issue but it’s a factor. Uncontrolled grass and undergrowth for fuel and they build right in the middle of it or beside it. It’s not a good mix.

And Trump’s timing is awful. Totally agree there.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        Careful 60, there are a lot of people in the country that would give your area back to the Indians if given a chance.
                        Good one!

Comment

Working...
                        X