Will Red Sox take AL East?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Red Sox take AL East?

Do they have enough time? (What 25 games left?)

Say it for the record, Sox fans!
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

of course!

Of course they have enough time.

6 games left head-to-head against the Yanks. (And, presumably, none of them will be forfeits.)

And don't listen to anyone who says winning the division doesn't mean anything as long as you get into the playoffs. Winning the division over the Yankees and getting home field advantage for the playoffs (including the World Series) is huge for a team that plays at almost a .700 clip at home.

Not to mention the psychological damage it would do to the Yankees to be the first team in Yankee history to blow a double-digit lead... and to the RED SOX of all teams.

I will address many of these issues either tomorrow or Thursday in a column.

Comment

Of course they do! Like Mac said, 6 games still. And we may pass the Yanks before those 6 games, but don't hold me on that 1. Sox are just doing great, simple as that, in all aspects of the game.

Comment

Well.. the real question wasnt whether they have enough time.. it's whether they would overtake NY.
        Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

They can easily overtake the Yanks. Think about it. 2.5 games. That os NOTHING. If I had a lead of 2.5 over any team, I would be awfully nervous, wouldn't you? Especially if it was the Sox, and especially since their momentum hasn't given up for more than a month. It can be easily done.

Comment

Great game tonight...

Comment

Yes, that was a little too close for my taste, but goes to show that Boston never gives up.

Comment

Huge win. I love to see Rivera break down and get the loss. That ump was just trying to get out of there with the 5 foot wide strike zone.

Comment

Oh man, that ump done pissed me off the whole night. What was his deal? He called it strike for NY but not for Boston? What the hell?

Comment

Did the Sox play Saturday or Sunday? How do you have follow up such a gritty win Friday night w/ 2 routs?

Doesn't matter in terms of the playoffs, but damn...

Comment

Ya, that was pretty puzzling...

Comment

Working...
                      X