Clear All

Injuries, injuries, injuries!
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Wentz--- 30%

Supporting cast--- 30%

Coaching--- 30%

Bad Luck--- 10%

Can't put any blame on Medical until you have some sort of material facts--- not just anecdotal circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        Wentz--- 30%

Supporting cast--- 30%

Coaching--- 30%

Bad Luck--- 10%

Can't put any blame on Medical until you have some sort of material facts--- not just anecdotal circumstances.

Medical/Injuries were one category. We were 31st last year in games lost due to injury and I think we are about the same this year. Not sure why exactly but that is a huge factor.

So if you give Wentz and the "supporting cast" the same amount of the "blame", then you are saying that Wentz is as much to blame as Nelson, Alshon, Ertz, Goedert, Sanders, O-line, all combined. I just don't see it that way. If Agholor and Ertz each catch passes that were perfectly thrown, we probably have two more wins.
        And that is just the "supporting cast" on offense.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          Medical/Injuries were one category. We were 31st last year in games lost due to injury and I think we are about the same this year. Not sure why exactly but that is a huge factor.

So if you give Wentz and the "supporting cast" the same amount of the "blame", then you are saying that Wentz is as much to blame as Nelson, Alshon, Ertz, Goedert, Sanders, O-line, all combined. I just don't see it that way. If Agholor and Ertz each catch passes that were perfectly thrown, we probably have two more wins.
          And that is just the "supporting cast" on offense.
          Please stop supporting the old one catch or two catch thing--- each/all of those games lasted 60 minutes--- and many many plays.

First of all nobody has any evidence that the Medical staff has done ANYTHING wrong--- that is 100% all guessing! Injuries are a very big factor, no doubt, but that may be on the players, on the medical staff, on just bad luck, or even the foorball gods--- but nobody knows!

Now if your list said injuries and not just Medical staff... I might go 25%, 25% Wentz, 25% coaches and 25% on supporting cast!

Wentz is the "LEADER" gets a ton of praise when things go right and IMM he gets a ton when things go wrong. IMM, he has stunk this year, certainly not worth elite QB money --- playing at this level.

Generally the D has played well enough to win more games... the O hasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Please stop supporting the old one catch or two catch thing--- each/all of those games lasted 60 minutes--- and many many plays.

First of all nobody has any evidence that the Medical staff has done ANYTHING wrong--- that is 100% all guessing! Injuries are a very big factor, no doubt, but that may be on the players, on the medical staff, on just bad luck, or even the foorball gods--- but nobody knows!

Now if your list said injuries and not just Medical staff... I might go 25%, 25% Wentz, 25% coaches and 25% on supporting cast!

Wentz is the "LEADER" gets a ton of praise when things go right and IMM he gets a ton when things go wrong. IMM, he has stunk this year, certainly not worth elite QB money --- playing at this level.

Generally the D has played well enough to win more games... the O hasn't.
            That's it in a nutshell MD. IMO there is no way that you can put injuries on the medical staff. There is all kinds of pressure to get players back on the field again and they try to. When a player is out longer than we think that he should be just proves to me that they are doing their job right fighting the coaching staff and FO to get him back out onto the field.

Losing Jackson took about half of our offense away from us. If he didn't get hurt we'd have a few more wins and be sitting pretty instead of fighting for our playoffs lives.

Comment

While I tend to agree you can't just say medical staff I do think you have to include them. But I am not sure what 'medical staff' means. If is includes conditioning coaches then I think there is more reason to call them out. No one here is close enough to say how well they work on conditioning but a lot of these injuries seem like soft tissue things. I would also look at both Hollins and Jackson. They had a great say in their treatment program. Specifically for Jackson he turned down surgery and opted for treatment. How involved was the med staff and what recommendations they made we do not know but we do know the course he took was the wrong course.
              As fans most don't have any idea of the play call or route or a number of other things. But I do know I saw a breakdown that showed our WRs NOT being where they were supposed to be. That ain't on Wentz. When Wentz has to throw over a DLineman and the pass is high that isn't on Wentz. I said early on that Wentz is holding the ball and missing receivers but I will at the same time say Wentz is getting more blame for the offensive failures than he should.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                While I tend to agree you can't just say medical staff I do think you have to include them. But I am not sure what 'medical staff' means. If is includes conditioning coaches then I think there is more reason to call them out. No one here is close enough to say how well they work on conditioning but a lot of these injuries seem like soft tissue things. I would also look at both Hollins and Jackson. They had a great say in their treatment program. Specifically for Jackson he turned down surgery and opted for treatment. How involved was the med staff and what recommendations they made we do not know but we do know the course he took was the wrong course.
                As fans most don't have any idea of the play call or route or a number of other things. But I do know I saw a breakdown that showed our WRs NOT being where they were supposed to be. That ain't on Wentz. When Wentz has to throw over a DLineman and the pass is high that isn't on Wentz. I said early on that Wentz is holding the ball and missing receivers but I will at the same time say Wentz is getting more blame for the offensive failures than he should.
                That big windup and long release doesn't help either. He's got to run a little more and Gordy has to roll him out more!

Comment

Working...
                X