Newest way to screw you (OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    I'll tell you what we don't need. A friekin $10 a barrel tax that gets directly passed to the consumer!

Leave it to Obama to put the final nail into the economy's coffin, and also into an area of business that is floundering. I'm not talking about EXXON. I'm talking about the smaller guys folding up their tents.

It seems to me that this country was built on cheap energy and he's just using this as yet another war on carbon.
    How do you propose to rebuild our transportation infrastructure?

And, carbon should die. The age of oil is coming to an end. We should be looking to alternative energy sources.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Simple. Stop wastieful spending on unnecessary programs. The list of those is endless. This is simp'y more income redistribution by a bloated government.

What's funny is that there is a pretty short list of what I feel our govt should provide for us. Among the things at the top of the list are security, and road maintenance. However, sine our govt is spending so much of their time working on things that they have no business with, they can't dedicate their resources to what is actually important.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I agree that the size of government should be reduced. But, you'll have a hard time doing it regardless of who is elected. If you look at the facts, the government expanded greatly under the Reagan and Bush(es) administrations. Republican administrations also produced some of the the biggest budget deficits.

All government programs were voted upon by politicians who in many cases were looking to fund things that would benefit their districts. So, now trying taking away that funding.

Moreover, there is more waste in the Defense Department budget than anywhere else, and that is the last place where anyone will go to slash budgets (Just ask Rand Paul!).
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Ugh...Rand Paul. LOL!

Don't you wish we had some better choices in Candidates? You are right, it's hard to find much appealing in today's politicians. Too much personal interest and personal obligations by the time these guys get in office. The result is more programs tailored to a small faction of the of the population, and too much wasted on a portion of the population that are not carrying their own weight.

But if I follow your mantra of......doesn't matter who we elect, it won't change......then we are already destined to continue our failures.

But we need to take some measure of power away from govt, and return it to the people. Nth at is going to require people continuing to actually CARE, and show up at the polls.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

It is the nature of government that needs to change - not the politicians (who are basically just a bunch of egomaniacs who don't give a damn about the majority of people).

Again, we need:

Term limits for elected officials.
            Severe restrictions on lobbying.
            Campaign finance laws that limit and restrict the amount of money that one individual or organization can donate.

What are the chances any of these will ever come to pass?

Comment

All of the last four posts were good posts. Unfortunately damn near all of them are there to get elected and then have the power and the money that comes with that election. They will do anything they can to stay there. So they scratch each other's backs as it fits their desires. Doesn't matter dem or gop.
              I am 60. I look at the generation or two before mine and see families that worked hard and built roads, bridges, schools, etc. And generally not crap; it was well done. Contractors, not all mind you but plenty of them, got together found they could screw the gov out of anything because there was some overworked, lazy pos gov official who would take a buck and send the project off. And the greed and graft flourishes. I could go on for days about my feelings.
              There is currently a bloated outfit called the federal motor carrier safety administration that has the majority of its workers above the GS13 pay grade. The minority of their workers are the investigators--and that is what the organization is supposed to do monitor and investigate. I personally know a state administrator whose sole goal is to expand his little empire so it is relevant and not sneered at by the other state administrators. That is just one little thing among thousands in our government.
              Fossil fuels need to be worked on but our government can't piss in a bucket without missing so I don't hold hope of them working together to get anything done. I think they should sit alphabetically instead of by party. Maybe then they would learn the guy next to him or her isn't such a prick even if he is in the other party.
              Gotta stop--blood starting to boil
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

You all are depressing the hell outta me. LOL!

Don't give up hope, Stock. The last administration promised "change" . I still believe change is possible.

Comment

Wonderful. Now we have to worry about components of mustard gas and Bubonic plague, as Isis is developing and employing chemical warfare. While we continue to do nothing. We have to get control back of this country before it's too late. And before there is more carnage on our people.

Comment

Here's the catch guys. Oil companies have borrowed $ billions upon $ billions to improve drilling and pipelines. Banks lend them the money. If they can't pay the loans the banks go under and we've seen that before just a few years ago. Ask ND what North Dakota is like now. It was a gold rush and now it's a ghost town. You can't pass any legislation that could hurt the oil business. Moving on from carbon as Stock suggests is a pipedream unless you want to go back to living in caves. It would be nice, but the only answer is to take on the problem with technology and clean it up, not eliminate it.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                    X