No announcement yet.

Big Red: No guarantee Kolb will be an Eagle past trade deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jukin - the difference is that Kolb hasn't done anything. Unlike McNabb, he's got no leverage to say "I don't want to play out a last year of my deal without a new deal." He has to take whatever he can get next year.

As for Vick, the worst case scenario is signing him to a long term deal. I wonder if that will happen this year. And if it doesn't, does it mean Vick is gone?

Comment

I am all for riding the hot hand with Vick now.

However..

Unless Vick is a new and improved pocket passer, a team like San Fran is going to make him look really bad at some point. Then, Andy can slip KK back into the lineup without a full scale player/fan revolt.

Andy is only stupid when it comes to quick in-game decisions. You can bet that he has thought this thing all the way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
        I am all for riding the hot hand with Vick now.

However..

Unless Vick is a new and improved pocket passer, a team like San Fran is going to make him look really bad at some point. Then, Andy can slip KK back into the lineup without a full scale player/fan revolt.

Andy is only stupid when it comes to quick in-game decisions. You can bet that he has thought this thing all the way through.
        No, he hasn't thought this all the way through. If he had, he wouldn't have immediately named Kolb the starter on Monday. He would have waited until later in the week and said that they thought it was prudent to allow Kolb an extra week to recover from the concussion. It would have given Vick another week to audition for the role of starter, and provided more evidence that Vick is playing at an "accelerated" level if he looked good against Jacksonville.

People here were saying that Reid had a plan when they signed Sean Jones after allowing Dawkins to depart.

If you think Reid is a great mastermind, watch him during the games!
        "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
          Come on, this is easy to figure out. Vick will be extended, Kolb will be traded.

What's Kolb's value? No one knows if he can even play yet. We also haven't seen enough of Vick to know if he really has gotten better as a pocket passer and improved his overall game. We saw him evade a ton of possible sacks last week but that's always been his M.O. The o-line didn't stand up long enough to see what we have in him now either. I really don't understand how anyone can say Kolb should be traded or that we should resign Vick. There simply isn't enough info on either to know what we really have in them! You said that Kolb looked terrible in the preseason and that's in part what you're basing your opinion on, but Vick was equally awful and only started to look good in the GB game when they hadn't game planned for him. Likewise the Lion are the worst team in the league (by a wide margin!!!) so having a great game against them doesn't mean that much to me. Let's see how he does against the Skins, Dallas and the Giants before we say that he's turned into a great pocket passing QB with scrambling ability.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

You know the thing that sticks out in my mind with all this going down is what a great and humble human being Steve Young must be. The guy had sick skills and proved it when he got his chance but humbly sat behind the guy who I think is the greatest QB of all time and waited into his 30s to get his chance. Kolb is 25-26 and thinks his time is now and who can blame him... he wants to play. But, Young just grinned and beared it for a long time and then when he got his chance lit it up. What a team guy he must have been... kind of amazing.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
              You know the thing that sticks out in my mind with all this going down is what a great and humble human being Steve Young must be. The guy had sick skills and proved it when he got his chance but humbly sat behind the guy who I think is the greatest QB of all time and waited into his 30s to get his chance. Kolb is 25-26 and thinks his time is now and who can blame him... he wants to play. But, Young just grinned and beared it for a long time and then when he got his chance lit it up. What a team guy he must have been... kind of amazing.
              Wow AW. I don't know what to say reading this. Perception is reality I guess in this case. There is and never was anything humble about Steve Young as I remember it. He was a pain in the ass as soon as he arrived in SF. Yeah, he was a great talent but shot off his mouth constantly about how he should be playing and eventually got Montana out of Dodge. Those last 3 years were tough on Joe, and Montana can't stand Young.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think the fact that Reid's willing to even hint around at trading Kolb is telling. But then again, Reid also used terms like 'right now' and such describing Vick's promotion. I think Reid, just like us, has no idea what the Eagles QB situation is going to look like eight weeks from now.

Still, even dancing around the idea of trading Kolb suggests something might be up. God knows Howie Roseman can't sit still for five minutes.

Comment

You know what Eagle60 that could be the case but back then without the Internet, 24 hour sportstalk, ESPNNEWS, etc., that sort of stuff never had the legs that things have now. All I can remember is Young saying he wanted to be the starter but pretty much supporting Montana. And then, when the time was right, the 49ers made the move to Young and let Montana walk and arguably it was the right time for that. So I may be ignorant or remembering this poorly but I don't remember Young being an a$$ about this.
                  You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                    You know what Eagle60 that could be the case but back then without the Internet, 24 hour sportstalk, ESPNNEWS, etc., that sort of stuff never had the legs that things have now. All I can remember is Young saying he wanted to be the starter but pretty much supporting Montana. And then, when the time was right, the 49ers made the move to Young and let Montana walk and arguably it was the right time for that. So I may be ignorant or remembering this poorly but I don't remember Young being an a$$ about this.
                    One thing that I know about you my friend is that you're certainly not ignorant! They have done a few stories on Young and Montana though and it sure wasn't smoothe sailing.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

One thing is certain....Kolb needs to take the high road in the lockerroom and in the media. If he wants to be a pain in AR's rather large buttocks behind closed doors and demand a trade than so be it. I think that is just what Kolb will do. His agent is probably shopping him to teams right now with an eye toward a renegotiated contract extension with "insert team here" as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X