If I'm Howie and our roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm Howie and our roster

The last thing that I'm going to worry about is who I'm keeping at RB because other than Sproles and Blount they're a dime a dozen (and we're really not sure about Blount in that regard). I'm more worried about protecting my assets at wr and even TE than worrying about how much clutter that I'm going to keep in my cellar. Those are the players that have some talent and possible trade value. I go at least with 6 wrs and maybe 4 TEs and may even keep a 7th wr like Ward. We might even be able to go with 3 DTs to start the season until things get sorted out because our rookies are sure not going to get scooped if unprotected for a week or two. Maragos could be an odd man out. I doubt if anybody will be interested in Gerry other than us and he's a little banged up anyway.

My point is to keep the talent that you have and not worry about keeping some mediocre guys because you lack talent there. I sure hope that he's not going to keep Pump just because he drafted him.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

we have a bunch of younger talent on both lines that will be going somewhere else. As I said before, having to make tough decisions is good for a team. Maybe with the cuts coming at once and flooding the FA market, it will be easier to stash players on the practice squad
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      we have a bunch of younger talent on both lines that will be going somewhere else. As I said before, having to make tough decisions is good for a team. Maybe with the cuts coming at once and flooding the FA market, it will be easier to stash players on the practice squad
      It's a whole new ballgame this year Mm. If I'm a GM I'm making my final roster by Tuesday and then I'm scouting the rest of the league through the weekend. Anybody that I'm planning on putting on my PS doesn't step on the field for game 4. Why advertise?

Comment

Hopefully Trader Howie is on the fucking phones, we are gonna cut some quality people
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I agree that we shouldn't be keeping more than 4 RBs.
          Sproles, Blount, Smallwood, Clement

Pump could be a slash type player and learn to play slot receiver so if we keep him it means only keeping 5 WRs.
          After Jeffery, Smith, Agholor, Hollins,
          It's got to be Johnson.
          Could we trade one of the other guys? Treggs?
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
            I agree that we shouldn't be keeping more than 4 RBs.
            Sproles, Blount, Smallwood, Clement

Pump could be a slash type player and learn to play slot receiver so if we keep him it means only keeping 5 WRs.
            After Jeffery, Smith, Agholor, Hollins,
            It's got to be Johnson.
            Could we trade one of the other guys? Treggs?
            Treggs could be trade able so I'd definitely keep him on the roster. I like the Ward kid too but he should be safe on the PS roster. I like a bunch of our TEs too.

Comment

Working...
            X