Little tidbits from a rewatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little tidbits from a rewatch

It's amazing how much you see when you're not caught up with the drama of the game. Most of this is little stuff that we haven't talked about:

-We were so tight in the first quarter we looked again like a high school team, but fortunately we did not do the killer-TURN THE BALL OVER!! Minnesota did twice in the first half and it cost them the game.

-There were no TD celebrations for the Eagles, just pure ecstasy when they scored. Minnesota had the best one that I've seen since the Eagles "soared" off the field earlier this year though. The Vikes did curling which is the biggest sport in that state. Curling clubs are like joining a golf club and some are very exclusive. You just don't walk into them and say "I want to curl".

-Nick's best play was the double pump throw and shuffle to Ertz from an off balance stance for 25 years. That's HOF stuff!!! I'M VERY WORRIED ABOUT NICK'S RIBS! He's not going to be able to make that throw with sore ones. In fact they had better get Sudfeld some snaps this week if Nick is ineffective because of them. I don't care what they say, you don't do MRI's for the hell of it.

-Jenkins is the key to the defense and is going to give McDaniels and Brady fits this week dealing with him. He's everywhere but deep safety as the Eagles go with McLeod as a single safety most of the time. Malcomb is all over the place. Sometimes LB, SS, or nickel. He is masterful in disguising the blitz and made 3 critical ones in the first half alone. Schwartz is doing stuff that only Dick LeBeau used to do with Polamalu. On one play Jenkins went with the motion man signaling man to man and then dropped into a zone. Whoa! I don't know how the heck these guys learn all the defenses and coverages that they have things get so complicated! On a side note the results can backfire against the perfect call. It's asking a lot for a MLB to cover Rudolf deep one on one (Goode). I wonder how they will try to handle Gronkowski and Amendola this week?

-The Eagles screen game was the best they performed all season and Doug uses it like an extension of his running game. Clement is going to be a terrific back next year. He's very quick and an excellent blocker and receiver. Hidden gem there.

-We missed Elerbe. Goode is stronger than Walker who is useless but Elerbe can ball despite Tommy Lawler's insinuation that "he wasn't sure Elerbe was inactive [B]because he was hurt or just wasn't good". What??? He plays almost 40% of the time. Just goes to show that we all say dumb things once in awhile LOL.

-Mack the Knife. OK, he had a brain fart on the punt. The whole team was tight and he's a rookie and we won so we let it go. The thing that I like about him is that he does so many "little things" that are unusual for a rookie like being an excellent blocker. The curl pattern he ran to pick off Ertz's man for a first down on a big 3rd down play near the goal line was a thing of beauty and certainly unusual for a rookie.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

It was Gibson that screwed up on that punt, not Mack.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
      It was Gibson that screwed up on that punt, not Mack.
      Are you sure? I saw a coach talking to Gibson on the sideline so I thought that it might be him. It looked too stupid to be Mack but even Aikman said it was Mack and that's the side Mack usually plays. WTF was Gibson even activated for? I hope that's the last time that I see him for this year anyway.

Comment

Gibson’s been a gunner on punt cover the past few games. It was him. Joe Buck screwed up.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          Gibson’s been a gunner on punt cover the past few games. It was him. Joe Buck screwed up.
          Talk about looking lost. Sorry, but this is no time to bring in a numbnut rookie to fuck things up. Bad Howie because I'll bet that he had a hand in it.

Comment

And while I'm at it Jenkins plays a lot of STs too! The guy just doesn't get tired-unreal.

Comment

I should have added that the blocking on the interception by Robinson was phenomenal. It looked like a high school wall on a punt return. Just incredible execution there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                Are you sure? I saw a coach talking to Gibson on the sideline so I thought that it might be him. It looked too stupid to be Mack but even Aikman said it was Mack and that's the side Mack usually plays. WTF was Gibson even activated for? I hope that's the last time that I see him for this year anyway.
                It was Gibson. I think a wrinkle in the jersey made the 18 look like 10 for a moment. I thought it was 10 live, but had to go back and look at the other places the number is on the jersey.

Comment

I watched the game as I recorded it for some other folks like 4 times now. The thing that hits me the most is how perfect Nicks throws were. Smith dropped 1 perfect throw, Burton had a perfect throw and for some reason jumped and didn't get his 2nd foot down. 1 was thrown away out of bounds , 1 was thrown away deep and one was knocked down by a defensive lineman. There were only 2 other incompletions. That may have been the most accurate game I have ever seen.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    I watched the game as I recorded it for some other folks like 4 times now. The thing that hits me the most is how perfect Nicks throws were. Smith dropped 1 perfect throw, Burton had a perfect throw and for some reason jumped and didn't get his 2nd foot down. 1 was thrown away out of bounds , 1 was thrown away deep and one was knocked down by a defensive lineman. There were only 2 other incompletions. That may have been the most accurate game I have ever seen.
                    He played so good that I doubt that he can duplicate that performance. He was all world Sunday. I'm surprised that he didn't get called for grounding on that bomb throw away. I even saw Brady get called for that once.

Comment

Working...
                    X