X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turds fans feeling very sorry for themselves

A typical thread:
    https://cowboyszone.com/threads/this...al-era.396457/

A visit these days to CowboysZone finds Dallas fans obsessed with their inferior performance relative to other NFL teams over the past 2 decades under the direction of Jones, especially since he installed the Red Headed Clapping Puppet as his coach.

This very striking negative comparison was my favorite:
    "Nick Foles has more playoff wins in 30 days than the Cowboys franchise has in (the last) 22 years. If that doesn't shake every fiber of your fandome nothing will."

Many, if not most of the posters, believe they are locked in football hell as long as Jerry lives!

But Jerry is able to keep focused on the Cowboy's occasional good days...

They've seen Garrett with Jerry's hand up his ass and steering his every move for so long, they can't imagine anything else. They don't have a working knowledge of an owner who stays in the shadows until he has to step up and say something.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

There's even a 14-page thread that started off with the idea that maybe Doug Pederson arrived and inherited a roster with better talent than any team the Cowgirls have had under Garrett.

Wow. Pederson gets no credit at all? Who do we thank, then? Did this title really just fall into our lap from out of the sky?

Most of their fans aren't buying it, though:
      "Hog wash."
      "Whatever helps you sleep at night, dude."
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

hope they can do the math and understand we can get better just due to health. Never mind that we have some good talent evaluators heading towards the draft. They however still have Jerry, Jason and 1 more year of paying Tony Romo.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
          There's even a 14-page thread that started off with the idea that maybe Doug Pederson arrived and inherited a roster with better talent than any team the Cowgirls have had under Garrett.

Wow. Pederson gets no credit at all? Who do we thank, then? Did this title really just fall into our lap from out of the sky?

"Hog wash."
          As you say, most of the fans posting on the thread afren't buying the BS that Pederson was just
          "handed" a powerhouse. They would trade "the Clapper" and Jerry the GM for Doug and Howie in a second.

I despise Dallas and their fans more than our other 2 East rivals. That said, I've seen more genuine
          congrats and admiration coming the Eagles way on Cowboyszone than from from fans of the other
          two rivals on their respective major boards.

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post

"Hog wash."
            They must have very short memories. The Chip Kelly dismantling of our team. The O line being neglected for 3 years.

Comment

Kempeski (sp?) does an article on Philly Voice. Coupe of days ago he had twitter posts form cowgirl fans and they were beating up Jerry, Garrett, Dak, et al.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                Kempeski (sp?) does an article on Philly Voice. Coupe of days ago he had twitter posts form cowgirl fans and they were beating up Jerry, Garrett, Dak, et al.

All three are major targets of dissatisfaction with a broad swath of Dallas fans on the CowboysZone forum. Jerry and "The Clapper" have been targets for years. Prescott has gone from last year's darling to this year's dude. The chief complaints are 1) that he's much too concerned with his completion percentage and consequently won't take risks/ throw downfield and 2) he can't produce offensively without the presence of Elliott in the backfield.

Comment

From one of their more knowledgeable fans:

"The good news is it puts additional pressure on Wentz to meet what Foles accomplished. Imagine the second guessing and bashing if he doesn’t get it done."

This is something I have been thinking about this week also. I can see Carson putting a lot more pressure on himself and possibly trying too hard to return to the SB (resulting in turnovers). And, some of the idiot fans may turn on him the minute he has a sub-par game. Actually, I can almost guarantee the latter will happen at some point next season.

But for now, its all good. Reading comments from the butthurt Cowboy fans is just priceless.

Comment

I think Carson will handle things just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                      . And, some of the idiot fans may turn on him the minute he has a sub-par game. Actually, I can almost guarantee the latter will happen at some point next season.

Having had lots of starving appetites satisfied and open wounds healed by our finally capturing the "Prize", I don't expect Eagles fans to overnight turn in to the spoiled, entitled slugs that Cowboys and Patriots fans became after their teams won a couple SBs. Philly sports fans are tough and can be VERY vocal in their dissatisfaction. But they are also very knowledgeable about the game. They recognize that this years unbelievable (in retrospect) accomplishment was the result of a 'perfect storm' of talent, dedication and good fortune.

I also think Wentz is a smart, mature and well grounded young man. I am not a person of religious faith but I believe he is...and that his faith is genuine and ingrained. I believe those personal assets will serve him well when things go badly for a game or two, as they almost inevitably will.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                        Having had lots of starving appetites satisfied and open wounds healed by our finally capturing the "Prize", I don't expect Eagles fans to overnight turn in to the spoiled, entitled slugs that Cowboys and Patriots fans became after their teams won a couple SBs. Philly sports fans are tough and can be VERY vocal in their dissatisfaction. But they are also very knowledgeable about the game. They recognize that this years unbelievable (in retrospect) accomplishment was the result of a 'perfect storm' of talent, dedication and good fortune.

I also think Wentz is a smart, mature and well grounded young man. I am not a person of religious faith but I believe he is...and that his faith is genuine and ingrained. I believe those personal assets will serve him well when things go badly for a game or two, as they almost inevitably will.
                        Tino, I have been to about 15 Eagle games over my lifetime and I have yet to meet one of these intelligent ones that you speak of. I have sat in all parts of the stadium and it doesn't matter. They know what a first down is, a touchdown and have vague idea of what a penalty or rule is and that is the extent of this superior knowledge that you speak of. It amazes me every time that I go to a game that they know so little about it and wonder how they spend a huge amount of money for those season tickets. I know that this post sounds arrogant but it's true.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                        X