NBA Draft Lottery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Draft Lottery

The fate of the Sixers hangs in the balance tonight.

Also, I guess they've been doing it this way for a while, but I think it sucks..

Combinations are drawn for the first, second, and third picks of the draft. Picks 4 through 14 are assigned to the remaining teams in reverse order of their records
    So if the Sixers can't get the top 3 they AUTOMATICALLY get the 6th pick, what type of lottery is that!?!

I don't like the way they do it either.

But it was done to make sure the top 3 teams at least get a top 6 pick. Which is lame.

Comment

YYYYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sixers with Number 2 Overall Pick - Choice of Turner or Favors

Unfortunately only Stefanski can screw this up.

Thank you David Stern

SF - Did you renew your tickets?

Comment

pretty sweet ... i'll take the 2 pick. Would be nice to be relevant again in basketball...

Comment

there's hope yet!!!

No, i told them I wasn't renewing until after the lottery and coaching change. (This was before Jordan got fired.)

Comment

A backcourt of Turner/Holiday isn't too bad.

Trade Igoudala. Throw Lou Williams into the Delaware.

Holiday
            Turner
            Young
            Brand
            Dalembert (or get a real center via Igoudala trade)

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
              YYYYYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sixers with Number 2 Overall Pick - Choice of Turner or Favors

Unfortunately only Stefanski can screw this up.

Thank you David Stern

SF - Did you renew your tickets?

I was really surprised when I saw them get two. I would love to see Evan Turner is a Sixers uniform for many years to come.

Finally something good happens to this team.
              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I think Turner is the obvious, solid choice. I think dangling either Thad or Iguodala will get you a nice return in terms of a player or player/pick.

Comment

some idiot on aol said we'd take Favors.

If we take Favors, I'm kicking Stanfanski in the nads.

Comment

Bring back Billy King!
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                      some idiot on aol said we'd take Favors.

If we take Favors, I'm kicking Stanfanski in the nads.
                      I'm not going to pretend to be an expert, I havent really seen anyone play. But I will say this.

Its going to depend on the type of offense the new coach wants to run, if it works for yet another wingman (Turner) great. I just want a FRANCHISE guy, not a self entitled "star". If they think Turner can be "the man", great, but if not, you can't teach height, go with Favors.

Comment

Turner would be perfect at the 2. Needs a little better range but big enough to cause matchup problems. Think Igoudala with actual offensive game and not just "i'm the man, i'll jack it up despite my inability to shoot" attitude.

Comment

Turner looks solid, but he's not a franchise player. He's not the next Kevin Durant. Not in love with his athleticism, seems pretty limited from that standpoint.

I know the greater need is a shooting guard and Turner projects as a solid NBA 2, but I think Favors has the greater upside. It's not like they've got power forward locked down with Elton Brand.
                          Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Samuel Dalembert has tremendous athleticism.

How'd that work out for us?

We need a decent shooting guard in this town. A big backcourt would help tremendously on defense.

Comment

I heard this being tosses around on WIP today and thought I would see what the board thought. As far as I know this was all conjecture and had no basis in fact. But if you were the Sixers would you trade the #2 pick and Elton Brand for a pick in the 4-6 range?
                              Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                              X