Big Red: No guarantee Kolb will be an Eagle past trade deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Red: No guarantee Kolb will be an Eagle past trade deadline

Wowza. That's a lotta meatballs. I would have thought that Kolb was guaranteed to be an Eagle at least through the end of the season.

Kolb must have asked for a trade as soon as Big Red told him what was up.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/..._deadline.html
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Who believes anything Reid says in a press conference? You'd have to be really stupid.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

what the hell does this mean:

"
      - He said no one else came to him about the decision - not coaches or players or upper management."

before or after? And are we to believe that Reid didnt discuss this with the FO? Or is he playing word games again?

Comment

Is there a presser going on right now we can tune to? I'm on pe.com and all i can find is spads live. Also saw this article: Spadaro: Stunning Move Makes Sense For Eagles.

I hope they pay him a lot. I wonder how much mouthpieces cost.

Comment

ahaha someone asked Kevin Kolb:

(on whether Vick was the long term QB) "Andy said 'I didn't appoint him for a week, that's not what I do.' Isn't that what he did to you?"

hahah classic. nice work lady reporter.

Comment

ZAP!! Too funny. That's like when the guy asked Drew Rosenhaus, "Except for getting your client barred from his team, what have you done for him?" Even Owens smiled and winked at the reporter.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

you guys should watch this Kolb one on one video on pe.com if you get a chance. When asked whether he felt he shouldn't have lost his job due to injury, Kolb said "I'm not gonna get into that."

Comment

I can't take the drama anymore ... let's just go out and play some football.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  you guys should watch this Kolb one on one video on pe.com if you get a chance. When asked whether he felt he shouldn't have lost his job due to injury, Kolb said "I'm not gonna get into that."

Wait Vin, so it's OK to watch a Kolb interview on the Eagle Web site, but not a Reid interview?

Just kidding. Anyway, here's Reid giving the exact same answer to Peter King that he gave Spuds:

• On changing his mind after insisting Kolb was his guy: "I needed to buy myself some time, to think about this and make the right decision.'' He said he didn't want to open up the can of worms by saying he was thinking about it before making an announcement.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp
                  Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

The obvious Peter King is a douche comment aside, I fully expect Reid to give the same answer. He has to.

I just meant that any "interview" with Spads lobbing prescripted softballs at anyone in the Eagles org is not exactly journalism.

Comment

The obvious Peter King is a douche comment aside, I fully expect Reid to give the same answer. He has to.

I just meant that any "interview" with Spads lobbing prescripted softballs at anyone in the Eagles org is not exactly journalism.

I know, I'm just messin'

Actually, though, I think you learn more in the interviews conducted by the so-called "friendly" guys. The players and coaches open up a little more, are a little less guarded.

Comment

what the hell does this mean:

"
                        - He said no one else came to him about the decision - not coaches or players or upper management."

before or after? And are we to believe that Reid didnt discuss this with the FO? Or is he playing word games again?
                        I think that was in response to being asked about the locker room and if any players had come to him and asked for Vick to remain as starter.

Comment

Kind of like the President doing an interview on NBC huh?
                          Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Kolb is signed through 2011 which means the move to making Vick the starter for the season is even more confusing. Assuming there's no lock out next year and Vick hits the FA market, we'd be going into the season with Kolb on a 1 yer deal. That means they'd have to extend him again to remove that distraction and see what he really has and if he's really the QB of the future. Having set the precedent with McNabb of apology by paycheck, you know Kolb is going to want even more now that he's be slighted this way. So the Eagles will have to take a bigger financial hit in extending him just so we can get back to where we were two weeks ago!! All the while the legend of how terrible Kolb played will continue to grow until next summer arrives and he comes into camp with an 800 pound gorilla (no Reid jokes please!) on his back. That's a lot of pressure on him and the team! The more I think about it the more I think Kolb will be traded before the draft. I don't see them trading him this season simply because they need a viable back up for when Vick goes down. With this Oline it's not a question of IF he gets hurt, just when.
                            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                              Kolb is signed through 2011 which means the move to making Vick the starter for the season is even more confusing. Assuming there's no lock out next year and Vick hits the FA market, we'd be going into the season with Kolb on a 1 yer deal. That means they'd have to extend him again to remove that distraction and see what he really has and if he's really the QB of the future. Having set the precedent with McNabb of apology by paycheck, you know Kolb is going to want even more now that he's be slighted this way. So the Eagles will have to take a bigger financial hit in extending him just so we can get back to where we were two weeks ago!! All the while the legend of how terrible Kolb played will continue to grow until next summer arrives and he comes into camp with an 800 pound gorilla (no Reid jokes please!) on his back. That's a lot of pressure on him and the team! The more I think about it the more I think Kolb will be traded before the draft. I don't see them trading him this season simply because they need a viable back up for when Vick goes down. With this Oline it's not a question of IF he gets hurt, just when.

Come on, this is easy to figure out. Vick will be extended, Kolb will be traded.

Comment

Working...
                              X