I respect Reid on this one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I respect Reid on this one

He talked to Kolb for 2 days before he went public. Where have you seen that before? I don't know if that's right or wrong, but it does show some class if you ask me. Heck, Kolb didn't even tell his best friend and roommate Celek about it. He's being pretty cool about it too. Time to move on to Jacksonville..............
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Actually, E60, the way he treated Kolb seems pretty shitty to me. It's like a coach giving a player a uniform and telling him he made the team, then telling him the next day that he made a mistake and wants him to return the uniform. Doesn't matter if he talked to him for a week.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

And it makes his "I don't speak english so good... Kolb is my quarterback" seem extra snarky and unncessary.

At the end of the day, I hope Reid was forced into this. Because I can't for the life of me figure out why he would do this. It's so unlike him. And while that would mean we as fans are completely fucked with the Lurie/Banner/Roseman regime, it would also recover some amount of respect I have for Reid. (FWIW -- nothing.)

Unlike Banner, I actually like Reid and thinks he's a good guy. I might not agree with his moves and gameday coaching but he seems the honest sort.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
        And it makes his "I don't speak english so good... Kolb is my quarterback" seem extra snarky and unncessary.
        That quote is incorrect and out of context.

After being the same question several times Reid responded by saying, "Well, let me say it again. I know I’m using poor English. Kevin Kolb is the No. 1 quarterback."

IMO it was absolutely meant to be snarky because as usual, the Philly media were trying to stir up trouble. Asking the same question over and over again hoping to get the person to trip up is not a very credible or ethical journalism technique.
        Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I'm sure it was meant to be snarky. But considering he'd been talking to Kolb for 2 days as he says, was it necessary?

"Well, let me say it again. I know I’m using poor English. I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Comment

He made that comment right after the Green Bay game.
            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

If I respect Reid in this, it's because he made a controversial decision and took the full load for it on his shoulders. Whether is WAS his decision alone or not, he put the bullseye on his own chest.
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                If I respect Reid in this, it's because he made a controversial decision and took the full load for it on his shoulders. Whether is WAS his decision alone or not, he put the bullseye on his own chest.
                Hey Fresh,

Vick is playing so good only a fool wouldn't start him. Don't forget, Reid has to look 53 players in the eye evertday and tell them they have to give it their all. Vick screwed the whole "plan" up.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
                  He made that comment right after the Green Bay game.
                  you're right.

Comment

Working...
                  X