Vaitai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaitai

Vaitai was great vs Griffen but Harrison poses a different challenge. If Harrison is in the game, V needs to be ready for the bull rush. He doesn’t have the same quickness anymore but the power is still there.
    Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

funny how week after week we have a Vatai thread. He is playing some great football right now. At this point I see no need for bringing JP back in 2018
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I know Griffen had all of those sacks but I think the guy is overrated. Stats don't always mean that he was the one wrecking havoc. I think that Harrison will pose more problems. The Pats front four don't pose the same threat that ours does.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Harrison closed out that game vs the Jags with a big sack. He will probably only play 10-15 plays but we have to be aware when he’s in there.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

V is getting better and better and at this point has to be considered a starter in this league. Jason Peters makes some coin next year, coin that can be used to keep Bradham or upgrade elsewhere. However, Peters is a Lurie favorite so he won't be shown the door he will need to retire of his own accord. I could see them kicking the can down the road some with some of his money though.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

This defense simply can't afford to lose Bradham. Hicks' whole career has been one injury after another and his draft status was affected because of it. If given the choice it's a no brainer for me which one of the 2 that I want.

Comment

Yep I think Jeff will remember what happened with Trot and Dawkins et al and won't want to go through that again. But they just can't pay Peters what they have been paying. I think he decides to retire but if he doesn't I think they work a deal
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

I don't think Peters will retire. First, there is the money. Second, nobody wants to go out on a cart. Tough situation, because he will want what's owed to him. Maybe they find a way to spread the money and reduce cap hit, but I am not sure we want to kick the salary can problem into a year when Wentz is due an extension.
                Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
                  I don't think Peters will retire. First, there is the money. Second, nobody wants to go out on a cart. Tough situation, because he will want what's owed to him. Maybe they find a way to spread the money and reduce cap hit, but I am not sure we want to kick the salary can problem into a year when Wentz is due an extension.

You can stop there. Seriously, when Howie wrote that new contract I thought he was nuts.

Comment

I think JP is back playing at his All Pro level next season. Having Vaitai available as a backup tackle is critical IMO. OLs rarely all stay healthy all season.

Besides, they are still having to give Vaitai help. He is playing well. But, he is no JP.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                      I think JP is back playing at his All Pro level next season. Having Vaitai available as a backup tackle is critical IMO. OLs rarely all stay healthy all season.

Besides, they are still having to give Vaitai help. He is playing well. But, he is no JP.
                      I wonder how he is doing? It's not easy for a guy that big to come back from that injury. That might be the only reason that he retires. He could flunk the physical if that's in his contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X