What is Ed's philosophy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Ed's philosophy

I really think Ed sold Mo a raw deal. He gave him players that either do not match Mo's philosophy or players that dont seem to have the ability to execute Ed's philosophy, which got me thinking, what exactly is Ed trying to go for.

Ed came from New Jersey, which hasnt been great for a while and I think are known most for overpaying Todd MacCullough and Vince Carter. I think the GM was Rod Thorn that took the teams to the finals, and even those teams were not great, being in the East back then was like being the tallest midget.

If anyone watched the press conference Ed kept seem to be saying how the team was "regressing" or they should be running more, more up-tempo style, fastbreaking etc, etc. (atleast thats why I took from it)

(- And can someone tell me why defense and fast break is mutally exclusive from "half court offense"? Why must our team either be the GS warriors or the Spurs? - Maybe Mo wanted to be all Spurs and Ed wants to be the middle???)

If he thinks he can play "7 seconds or less" basketball, fine, try it, but tell me again how Elton Brand fits in, if he really wanted that style, I think Mike D'Antoni was available.

I'm just trying to figure out what Ed is trying to do - because right now he is overpaying players and living off of an old regimes draft choices (hmm...sound familiar)
    Last edited by 12dickau4pres; 12-13-2008, 07:07 PM.
Working...
X