No announcement yet.

Some Names for next Coach and next GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geez, I hope they don't even think about handing the head coaching duties to Duce Staley. He has had no experience managing anything! He's never drafted an offensive game plan or had any part in overseeing any other part of the offense other than coaching running backs.

Naming the head coach is probably the most important decision for any football franchise. You don't want to hand it to someone just out of loyalty or likability.

My wish is that they hand the job to someone who has already been a head coach or has extensive, wide experience as an assistant.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      A couple of names to keep an eye on for the next head coach.

Josh McDaniels OC from New England - was very young when he got his chance in Denver, did ok the first year and fell on his face the next. Its ok usually the 2nd stop is where they really get it.

Sean McDermott DC Carolina - Was here and was well respected

Duce Staley don't laugh at me on this one, Lurie loves Duce and he could be at least interviewed

Adam Gase Bears OC - To me would be after the top two but still a chance.

GM
      I think its going to be Donahue after they solve the Rooney Rule, but another name could be
      Chris Ballard from KC
      And if Ryan Grigson is let go by the Colts he could also be on the radar
      Are you fucking serious?

Is McDermott bringing Kueckly with him? Is Gase bring Cutler or Manning from 5 years ago?

Daniels? You don't Kelly, but you you'll take Daniels, i forget the success he had trading away Marshall and Cutler from the Broncos.

Comment

Bill Cowher, if he would do it. He has his faults, but power football is what I want to see, and a team with an identity.
        Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
        Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by 12dickau4pres View Post
          Are you fucking serious?

Is McDermott bringing Kueckly with him? Is Gase bring Cutler or Manning from 5 years ago?

Daniels? You don't Kelly, but you you'll take Daniels, i forget the success he had trading away Marshall and Cutler from the Broncos.
          He got a big haul for Cutler from the Broncos. Marshall... did not have his emotions under control at the time and was a locker room issue as a result. More a failure from the medical staff, or support system, and maybe just a maturity thing for Marshall. Dolphins couldn't handle him either and traded him for less than they paid to get him.

McDaniels' big problem was that he got infatuated with Tim Tebow for some inexplicable reason, and actually traded some of the assets he had gotten for the others in order to trade *up* to get Tebow. He did trade a bunch of talent away from Denver -- that would give Eagles fans an uneasy feeling -- and then screwed up bigtime with the big franchise-defining move on Tebow. Some coaches learn, but most aren't that wrong to begin with, so there would be some pause in hiring McDaniels. It is an interesting thought.

If Sean Payton bolts the Saints that could be interesting.

McDermott... have a queasy feeling he will fail his first destination as HC. May just be since I haven't seen him in front of a microphone since his time with the Eagles. He has had Rivera who knew the DC job and could prevent any of the "big" mistakes, though obviously he has done very well.

Comment

Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
            He got a big haul for Cutler from the Broncos. Marshall... did not have his emotions under control at the time and was a locker room issue as a result. More a failure from the medical staff, or support system, and maybe just a maturity thing for Marshall. Dolphins couldn't handle him either and traded him for less than they paid to get him.

McDaniels' big problem was that he got infatuated with Tim Tebow for some inexplicable reason, and actually traded some of the assets he had gotten for the others in order to trade *up* to get Tebow. He did trade a bunch of talent away from Denver -- that would give Eagles fans an uneasy feeling -- and then screwed up bigtime with the big franchise-defining move on Tebow. Some coaches learn, but most aren't that wrong to begin with, so there would be some pause in hiring McDaniels. It is an interesting thought.

If Sean Payton bolts the Saints that could be interesting.

McDermott... have a queasy feeling he will fail his first destination as HC. May just be since I haven't seen him in front of a microphone since his time with the Eagles. He has had Rivera who knew the DC job and could prevent any of the "big" mistakes, though obviously he has done very well.
            You mean the same Sean payton that everyone here hates and thinks is a smug dick, and had the EXACT same trending downwards records and pour as fuck defense. But lets trade for him bc he's sooo much better than Chip.

Lets take a look at coach of the year Ron Rivera's record - 6,7,12,7,14. Look what happens when you get a QB.

Comment

You mean the same Sean payton that everyone here hates and thinks is a smug dick, and had the EXACT same trending downwards records and pour as fuck defense. But lets trade for him bc he's sooo much better than Chip.

Lets take a look at coach of the year Ron Rivera's record - 6,7,12,7,14. Look what happens when you get a QB.
              Yeah I don't think I'd want to trade much for Payton. If he shakes free for whatever reason, then fine. Payton is an offensive coach, so he needs to make a good hire for defensive coordinator. He did early on, but Rob Ryan was a disaster hire -- much like Reid after Johnson died. The defense has indeed sunk that team, and they have had salary cap issues. But he's pretty innovative still offensively, and knows the NFC East, and knows how to be a head coach. He also might be able to get a lot out of Bradford. Reid got to re-boot his coaching staff in KC and has done OK.

Yes, Payton is smug and we hate him. Just the type we'd love if he was on our side We don't like Arians for the same reasons but right now we have some serious regrets over not making that move (which was the safe, boring approach at the time).

There are likely other candidates out there who could be intriguing, of course. Marrone was someone who ticked off all the checkboxes last time -- both NFL staff and college HC experience -- but then had the bizarre exit from Buffalo which is a major red flag. Bailing on college to the NFL when you get a chance is one thing; bailing on an NFL job mid-contract when you think there is another opening you like better... yikes. Granted, that was a weird FO who traded away tons of assets to take Sammy Watkins (I'd guess over his objections) when Odell Beckham was available at their original spot, but as a first-time HC... still yikes.

There will undoubtedly be some coordinators who could be worthy as well. I suspect we will not look to the college ranks. Unless you want to try RGIII and hire Art Briles or something

Comment

Are you fucking serious?

Kueckly who needs kueckly we have KIKO HA HA. Look anytime you take on a coordinator you take a chance. But its a much better chance than taking a career college coach. Most great coaches were coordinators at some point and time.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Getting the FO straightened out is the number 1 problem this organization has. There is no structure. You can't build anything without a foundation. How do you entice a quality coach when you're asking him to live in a shack?
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Hue Jackson is an interesting name.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

They ain't got enough players as it is I would never trade for a coach
                      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                      Hope is not a strategy
                      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                        I agree, you simply can't trade away any more draft picks. They need every pick they have.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                          My thoughts exactly!!!
                          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they hire Coughlin once the Giants can him. But I also wouldn't be surprised by Hue Jackson. Not Matt Patricia or whatever his name is in NE I would be surprised by. Here's another name to think about Jim Mora Jr. Don't kill me folks! Just throwing out a name.

Comment

Just for the sake of discussion, what if Saban's name surfaces?

I know it's highly unlikely, and his departure from Miami looms over any discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                                I wouldn't be surprised if they hire Coughlin once the Giants can him. But I also wouldn't be surprised by Hue Jackson. Not Matt Patricia or whatever his name is in NE I would be surprised by. Here's another name to think about Jim Mora Jr. Don't kill me folks! Just throwing out a name.
                                Coughlin would surprise me. I didn't consider that angle at all...

Comment

Working...
                                X