Boring trade deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring trade deadline

Exactly one deal done in the NFL today. The prices sounded like they were way too high. To ask for a 2nd for Robbie Anderson and never move off of that is pretty stupid by Joe Douglas. He is most likely looking at 5th round comp pick in 2021 for him. Getting a 4th rounder next year would have been a good move for him. Ditto a 2nd round pick for Chris Harris who is an FA at the end of the year. Once again maybe a 5th round comp pick,Harris is 31 nobody is overpaying for him on the FA market. Asking for a 2nd for him is too much. A 4th is more like it.

In other words I think a ton of the GM's in this game overplayed their hands.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

My buddy that writes now for the Denver Post said that Elway wants to get to 7-8 wins somehow, someway and was not even entertaining Chris Harris offers unless they blew him away. Same with Von Miller.

As for Robby Anderson, I think if I were the Jets I would have asked for no lower than a 3. A 2 is CRAZY and I wouldn't have give that to him.

As for other trades, I'm glad we didn't get Slay. Our biggest need was a pass rusher and maybe the kid they got yesterday can be that guy. Who knows?

I wish we would have gotten a WR but I'm not upset about it.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I’ll admit. I’m disappointed. I wanted a speed WR. DT and WR are most pressing needs. Media got me with expected 3rd or 4th for him.

I am on board with passing on the Jets wanting a 2nd.

But still disappointed.

Jackson is as fragile as they come and our receivers are what they are. I still miss Torrey Smith.

Comment

I am just happy the Cowboys were not able to trade for Jamal Adams. I thought that was going to go through and would be bad news.

Comment

I wanted Anderson but a 2nd is too much and I am glad the Birds didn't overpay.

Comment

The Eagles wanted Genard Avery 3 years ago.

Philadelphia Eagles News
            Wednesday, Oct 30, 2019 05:01 PM

Genard Avery: 'I'm going to go wreck stuff, man'
            #### EAGLES INSIDER
            Dave Spadaro
            Genard Avery is here with a blank slate. What he’s done in the past – a promising rookie season in Cleveland in 2018 followed by a half-year of inactivity in 2019 – stays in the vault. He doesn’t want to talk too much about his experience with the Browns other than, “It is what it is,” as he transitions to the Philadelphia Eagles. It’s a fast transition – Avery says that he’s in the scheme and Eagles fans will see him on Sunday against Chicago.

What they’re going to see is a defensive end acquired on Monday for a 2021 draft pick who plays “wrecking-ball football.” He’s short in stature but tall in burst and speed and aggressiveness. If he gives the Eagles 15 to 20 snaps of energy edge rushing each game, the defense will be better for it.

With Avonte Maddox expecting to play on Sunday, joining outside cornerbacks Jalen Mills and Ronald Darby, the Eagles have an improved coverage situation from just a couple of weeks ago. A pass rush that was largely lacking in the first six games has come to life substantially in the last two weeks, and a boost from Avery would be a nice addition.

“I’m here to do what I do,” Avery said on Wednesday after his first practice as an Eagle. “This is an aggressive defense that gets after the passer. They love me here. They welcomed me with open arms. I’m ready to play.”

Avery didn’t hold back when asked what Eagles fans who aren’t familiar with his game will see.

“A monster on the field. A wrecking ball. I’m going to go out and play my heart out,” Avery said. “I’m a guy that loves the game.”

Inside the Locker Room: Eagles vs. Bills | 2019 Season
            Get an exclusive look at the Eagles locker room before the Week 8 game against the Bills.

Avery doesn’t look the part of a “prototype” defensive end. He’s listed at 6-feet, 250 pounds, and while that may be a touch generous, Avery doesn’t care.

“Size is not on the stat sheet when you make sacks,” he said.

With a seven-man group of defensive ends, the Eagles are taking the chance that going heavy there is eventually going to net out a few pass rushers to bank on moving forward for the rest of this season and even into the years to come. Brandon Graham and Derek Barnett have been effective in these last few games. Vinny Curry helps set a great edge and has done a lot of good work. The hope is that Daeshon Hall, Josh Sweat, Shareef Miller, and now Avery emerge. One of them. Two of them. All of them.

A playoff spot could depend on it.

“I just let him know how we do things,” said defensive tackle Fletcher Cox who, like Avery, hails from Mississippi. “I think what was neat, this morning, was when I walked in for breakfast (at the NovaCare Complex) before the team meeting, he came over and asked me how we do things around here, the expectations around here. It kinda shocked me in a good way.

“I told him the way we do things, it’s a little bit different here. We’re all a family. We’re all in it together. That’s the kind of guy who wants to fit in. He wants to be part of what we do here.”

Anyone who says the Eagles did “nothing” at the NFL’s trade deadline, hey, that’s not fair. That’s not accurate. They had a grade on a player they liked two years ago in the NFL Draft and they kept tabs on him. When a team changes its coaching staff and its scheme, sometimes talent shakes loose from the tree. Avery is that talent in this case, with a bend around the edge that allows him to have leverage in getting to the quarterback.

“I’m here with a team that wanted me and I’m excited to get going,” he said. “I have to learn the calls, but it’s football. Football is football. I’m going to give effort to the ball. Effort. Effort. Effort in everything I do, man. I’m going to go wreck stuff, man.”
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Well he talks a good game let's see what he does with it on the field.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Hope he walks the walk--- I do like the TUDE!

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                  I’ll admit. I’m disappointed. I wanted a speed WR. DT and WR are most pressing needs. Media got me with expected 3rd or 4th for him.

I am on board with passing on the Jets wanting a 2nd.

But still disappointed.

Jackson is as fragile as they come and our receivers are what they are. I still miss Torrey Smith.
                  Let's face it Dawk, most of the guys available this time of year are pretty much junk.

Comment

To succeed in the NFL you need to have 2 things I believe.

1. An athletic and/or physical trait that can't be coached. That can be speed, power, bend, wiggle... depends on the position.
                    2. Want to

If you look at guys like Brandon Graham, Alshon, Jordan Howard... they have a unique trait. All three of them have size and/or power and they all appear to play VERY HARD.

When you look at guys like Jenkins, Cox, Carson, maybe Goedert even... they have size, speed, and athleticism which is why they are truly elite or could be elite.

Then when you look at guys like Sidney Jones, maybe Josh Adams when he was here, Earl Wolfe, maybe a few others... they had the skills but not the want to.

Avery by all accounts is undersized but athletic and bendy. As long as he doesn't get washed in the run game he can develop I believe. We aren't looking at JJ Watt here but there is no reason a kid like this can't develop into a great sub or even a starter eventually.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                      To succeed in the NFL you need to have 2 things I believe.

1. An athletic and/or physical trait that can't be coached. That can be speed, power, bend, wiggle... depends on the position.
                      2. Want to

If you look at guys like Brandon Graham, Alshon, Jordan Howard... they have a unique trait. All three of them have size and/or power and they all appear to play VERY HARD.

When you look at guys like Jenkins, Cox, Carson, maybe Goedert even... they have size, speed, and athleticism which is why they are truly elite or could be elite.

Then when you look at guys like Sidney Jones, maybe Josh Adams when he was here, Earl Wolfe, maybe a few others... they had the skills but not the want to.

Avery by all accounts is undersized but athletic and bendy. As long as he doesn't get washed in the run game he can develop I believe. We aren't looking at JJ Watt here but there is no reason a kid like this can't develop into a great sub or even a starter eventually.
                      In other words AW a great MOTOR! As you say nobody can coach that and it's extra hard to find in guys that big.

Comment

The Pats did this. And in all honesty it was a good move by them. Overpaying for Sanu set the market and all these stupid GMs got greedy!

Comment

Working...
                        X