'Let's run the ball!'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leifdawg View Post
    Also along those lines, an interesting tidbit I got from Ray Diddy yesterday. Even Marty is calling the plays, Andy is the one who makes the chart.

On the chart the plays are grouped by situation. So basically if it's 2nd and 4-7 yards, Marty only has a choice between X number of plays.
    Which is why it will never matter who our OC is. It always comes back to the same person.

As far as MM goes he used to run the ball as OC in SF. Not sticking up for the guy because it really doesn't matter if he stays or goes. The offense will always be the same.
    FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
      Which is why it will never matter who our OC is. It always comes back to the same person.

As far as MM goes he used to run the ball as OC in SF. Not sticking up for the guy because it really doesn't matter if he stays or goes. The offense will always be the same.
      He ran the ball in SF with Mooch as the HC. However, I believe he passed even more than Andy when he was a HC in Detroit.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
        YPCM, I belive you are thinking of a different play.
        Now that I've heard both Eskin, and it recapped in a few other places, I am thinking of the same play. And everyone seems to think that I'm wrong, that Donovan was complaining that they didn't run. And after hearing McNabb's press conference where he said (paraphrasing), "Maybe I said something, maybe I didn't, I don't remember, I say a lot of things during a game..." makes me think that he really WAS complaining about not running on that play! Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
          "Maybe I said something, maybe I didn't, I don't remember, I say a lot of things during a game..."
          Oh how I wish he'd have channeled Dignam: Maybe. Maybe Not. Maybe go fuck yourself.

@0:39 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTaVxTmB5k4
          Last edited by sfphillyfan; 11-19-2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Marty says Donovan was right; Gocong shuffles back
            Offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg said if quarterback Donovan McNabb yelled over on camera that they should have run the ball on third-and-1 from the 7-yard line, "he was probably right.."
            The TV cameras appeared to catch McNabb after one of the Eagles’ failed red zone excursions, turning toward the sideline and seeming to yell “just run the ball,” or something similar.
            Mornhinweg said that he needs to do better at looking beyond which play should work against a particular defense, to the personnel he has trying to run the play.
            "You've got to play to your players' strengths," he said.
            He also said that is he is looking forward to getting the usual offensive line back together this week, if there is such a thing. Left tackle Jason Peters did not play against San Diego with an ankle injury.
            "Continuity in the offensive line, that equals winning," he said.
            Even if Akeem Jordan remains sidelined, defensive coordinator Sean McDermott indicated that Chris Gocong could be moving back to strongside linebacker. Gocong played middle linebacker for the first time since high school last week against San Diego.
            McDermott said cornerback Sheldon Brown (hamstring strain) is day-to-day. "He says he's going to play; we'll just have to see," he said.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

I'm trying to decide who is more clueless about personnel: Marty M or Eddie Jordan.

Comment

I will never understand how someone like Eddie Jordan - who could be such an awful awful coach in Washington - would just be handed the reigns to the Sixers job like he has a clue.

I hate the Sixers with a passion right now.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                  I will never understand how someone like Eddie Jordan - who could be such an awful awful coach in Washington - would just be handed the reigns to the Sixers job like he has a clue.

I hate the Sixers with a passion right now.
                  Because he's boys with Ed Stefanski.

I was at the Sixers game last night and I saw all these people who are dependent on the Sixers for their livelihood (customer service reps, marketing folks, concessions, security, etc) and for Ed to give Jordan the keys to the franchise was a slap in the face to all of them. Eddie Jordan should not be a head coach in the NBA.

Here's my column from when EJ was hired: http://www.sportscolumn.com/2009/05/...ve-the-sixers/

I was wrong. Eddie Jordan is a bad coach.

Comment

"Mornhinweg said that he needs to do better at looking beyond which play should work against a particular defense, to the personnel he has trying to run the play.
                    "You've got to play to your players' strengths," he said."

Get the hell out, who'd a thought you had to consider personnel.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                      "Mornhinweg said that he needs to do better at looking beyond which play should work against a particular defense, to the personnel he has trying to run the play.
                      "You've got to play to your players' strengths," he said."

Get the hell out, who'd a thought you had to consider personnel.
                      Somebody ought to ask him why Westbrook wasn't in the game. He supposedly wasn't hurt until the 3rd quarter.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        Somebody ought to ask him why Westbrook wasn't in the game. He supposedly wasn't hurt until the 3rd quarter.
                        See, that's just you being negative, 60. Marty is such a good coach, he knows Westbrook was gonna get hurt. He was trying to save him is all.

Comment

I thought for sure Westbrook was going to leap in for the TD like he has done so many times. If they were worried about the concussion, he shouldn't be in there.

I can't believe we didn't go to him at least once.
                          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                          X