No announcement yet.

"The Thief" is getting bigger-we'll see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not expecting anything out of him. As noted, they have too much invested in him to just kick him out the door, and they also have that Brandon Graham fellow as an example of a guy labeled a bust developing into a decent player. But, when you're an outside LBer, and you can't even get on the field for special teams??? I'm afraid this kid is going to be Quinton Caver II The Sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
      I doubt there is a player in the NFL, excluding NTs who gain weight during the season.
      I remember Reid's early years when he was first developing his Oline and you could see them grow all season long. If he's packing on muscle it should stick right?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
        I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not expecting anything out of him. As noted, they have too much invested in him to just kick him out the door, and they also have that Brandon Graham fellow as an example of a guy labeled a bust developing into a decent player. But, when you're an outside LBer, and you can't even get on the field for special teams??? I'm afraid this kid is going to be Quinton Caver II The Sequel.

That is probably the part that bothered me most. Cause STs is all about "want to", and a rookie should have PLENTY of "want to".
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
          "... If not, he should be given lunch money and a road map".
          ...and a seat beside Nnamdi is his car? He'll need somewhere to eat the lunch he buys with that lunch money, won't he?

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
            That is probably the part that bothered me most. Cause STs is all about "want to", and a rookie should have PLENTY of "want to".

My guess is that Smith DOES HAVE "plenty of want to".

He "wants to" get paid all his guaranteed money.

Comment

I hope that he pans out. I will wait and see, just as everyone else, with no expectation of success. Hopefully he surprises us all...in a good way.

Comment

I will say this....there is less want to in a first round pick than there is in a seventh round pick. Seventh rounders KNOW they have to work for spot whereas first rounders KNOW they have a guaranteed spot. Not that it is fair or right, just saying
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Working...
                X