"The Playmaker" strikes back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Playmaker" strikes back

"It kills his ability to lead," Irvin told The Post. "He is the leader of that football team. If I am a young guy and we are in a battle and we are banging heads and we are fighting. I'm out there getting hit and being hit and we are in a tough spot in a football game.
    "If I am in the line of battle and Tiki comes to me and says, 'Come on, give me what you have!' I'm going to look at him and say, 'Aww, shut up. What are you talking about? You are quitting on us.' This stuff will come out on the sideline."

Irvin has a wonderful way of sticking his nose in other people's business. I hope someone breaks it for him and soon! He can't simply comment that it may not be the best time to disclose it and them let it go huh? He has to keep telling everyone that he knows best. I know I believe a long time cocaine addicted egotistical blow hard much more than I believe a classy low key guy who works his ass off to be one of the best at his position. Last year he was taking cheap shots at McNabb to stir the pot and keep himself in the spot light. Now he's ripping Barber. No wonder TO looks at him as a role model!! What a frigging asshole!!
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

You can't break Irvin's nose, because than he would be unable snort coke.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

STFU Irvin. Your nose is so far up OD's arse you can't sniff anything except the stench of your butt buddy.

"it kills his ability to lead"? Sure, he'll play harder than ever and sell out knowing that it is his last season. Yup, that'll show the rest of the team how he leads.

Comment

Originally posted by PhillyJack
          STFU Irvin. Your nose is so far up OD's arse you can't sniff anything except the stench of your butt buddy.
          I think someone told Mike that there was some pure columbian blow up there.

Comment

I don't get Irvin's point. Barber is not planning on retiring during the game. He retiring after the season. If I were take Irvin's words seriously I would have to say that no one that is in the last year of their contract can be a leader. They may not be there next year so why should anyone listen to them? And why stop at a year? Why not, "if you are not committed to this team for the rest of your life, why should I listen to you"? Irvin is a boob.

Comment

The other thing is that Tiki has always been a leader through his work ethic and dedication to conditioning. That doesn't change one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Browser
                I don't get Irvin's point. Barber is not planning on retiring during the game. He retiring after the season. If I were take Irvin's words seriously I would have to say that no one that is in the last year of their contract can be a leader. They may not be there next year so why should anyone listen to them? And why stop at a year? Why not, "if you are not committed to this team for the rest of your life, why should I listen to you"? Irvin is a boob.
                spot on. I think players would actually step up saying "Tiki has been the top player on this team for a LOOOOOONG time. Let's send him out on a good note." No young player is going to question Barber's work ethic or drive on the field, in-season!

Comment

does anyone like Irvin? Even Cowgirl fans have to be embarrased at how terrible he is

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
                    does anyone like Irvin? Even Cowgirl fans have to be embarrased at how terrible he is
                    Deion? I think they have the same tailor

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20
                      His dealer likes him...as long as he has plenty of cash.

I've often thought it would have been a fitting end to his career if Irvin had just sort of, uhh, you know, uhh... become dead right there on the Vet turf.

Is that wrong?

Comment

I completely agree with Irvin. Just look at what happened with Bettis and the Steelers last year. Oh wait....

Comment

I could see where he was coming from if Tiki wasn't putting up great numbers this season. But he is once again on his way to putting up big stats.

Comment

Has he criticized Farve for being unsure of his future status every year for the last three years? That's been far more difficult for GB than this.

The only one that seems concerned about this is cokehead himself.

Retiring next year has no bearing on winning the SB this year.
                            www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Besides that- from what I hear- he told his team mates before this season even started, they all knew it -- and obviously they haven't laid down yet.

Why are we even talking about this-- it's IRVIN for god sakes!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X